“Dinner at Ciao Bella Restaurant”

Ciao Bella Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Monticello
Reviewed 23 October 2018

On October 19, 2018, my wife and I visited Ciao Bella for dinner. We were about 30 minutes early on our reservation and were promptly seated. However, this was very near to the kitchen so I asked for a different table, we were promptly accommodated. We both ordered a glass of one of the house wines, my wife a White Zinfandel and myself a Malabec; both glasses contained a very generous pour. The waiter suggested when asked that I have the Pollo del Diavolo. My wife had the Scallopini Ariona. I loved my spicy chicken dish with shrimp. My wife raved how soft her veal was. Our water glasses were continuously filled without needing to prompt anyone. Dinner was not rushed. We ordered dessert, tiramisu, and decaf cappuccino and decaf coffee. After 30 minutes, we inquired if they had forgotten us ( this is the reason for 4 and not 5 stars). The manager came by an apologized and said some error had occurred in the kitchen and then said dessert including the cappuccino and coffee were on him and did I want an additional dessert, I said no . He then offered an after dinner drink. I got a Sambuca and my wife a Bailey's . I certainly would visit again; the food was good, service mostly good and the atmosphere romantic. This is worth a visit if you are in the area.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Start with the main fact. The food was excellent, well prepared, hot and well plated.
OK a few negatives.
1) I suspect our waitress was assigned to another area of the restaurant as we saw her only rarely
2) It took well over 20 minutes to just get some bread
3) The facility is nicely laid out but very dark. I believe this is is probably intentional for atmosphere, but I had real trouble reading the menu & seeing my meal. I was not alone, everybody was using there phone flashlights to read the menu.
4) I like the owner and the busboy who did check on us. I just had an issue with not seeing my server or having her address our needs.
5) For the area (geography) it is a bit pricey. Just understand that in advance and your fine.

I don't think you could go wrong eating here.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We tried to dine here last year, but they weren’t open. This time we went after going to the Monticello racetrack. It was an early dinner - 4 pm. They had a great menu and an amazing number of specials - lots of seafood. I ordered the filet mignon off the regular menu. My husband got the swordfish special prepared with capers and olive tampenade. Service was impeccable and it was by far the best filet I’ve ever had. The swordfish dish disappeared in record time. Everything is prepared fresh, so if you have special dietary requirements I’m sure they can accommodate you. Will definitely go back when in the area. If you love Northern Italian cuisine, make a point to dine here. You won’t be disappointed!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 29 August 2018

I made reservations for our party of three and were warmly greeted when we arrived. Our server promptly approached our table, took our drink orders, gave us the menu's and discussed the daily specials. The atmosphere was cozy and loved the food. We throughly enjoyed Ciao Bella and will frequent the restaurant whenever we're in the area,

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Went on a monday evening ..This was our second time going and it was delicious..I had the special pasta dish my husband had fish.
Our waiter was very nice and attentive. The owner came to our table two or three times to check on things.
Very nice. Worth a trip