“Yannis is good for both eat in and carry out”

Yanni's Gyro Express Cafe
Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Monticello
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Yannis gyro restaurant offers a wide range of Greek and middle Eastern cuisine. We have tried a lot of their selections and they are always delicious. In addition all the staff and the owner is very nice and helpful. I have no negative comments about Yannis gyro restaurant

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

This place is clean, affordable and has great food. The servings are huge and one order was more than enough for my wife and me. They even provide a complimentary glass of wine if you order an entree. We would eat there again.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 11 September 2018

The food here is good, but this trip was just to pick up some dessert.

The ekmek here is AMAZING!!!!!! My wife and I have had great desserts all over the world, and this place would be on our Mt Rushmore. If you are anywhere in the neighborhood (and in this case, I would expand neighborhood to include pretty much everyone on the eastern seaboard) you should stop here and try the ekmek.

It is that good.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 4 September 2018

My husband and I were passing through on a motorcycle ride through the Catskills and Trip Advisor had this high on the list. It did not disappoint. We were there on a Tuesday at lunchtime and it was very busy. It's a small place. Parking can be a challenge but there is a dirt parking lot to the left of the restaurant for overflow traffic. We were told we could sit wherever we wanted. We grabbed a table and looked at their extensive menu. They had lunch specials and then usual menu items. I had a greek salad with the lamb gyro meat and the greek vegetables (with okra) which were very good. My husband had the lamb gyro with a side of broccoli and he did not eat for the rest of the day. It was very good too from what he said. We did not have dessert. The servers are informal and very attentive. They all seem to support each other. We started with one server and then ended up with another but it didn't seem weird at all. They just all have each others backs. Go here. You won't be disappointed. It seemed like a lot of locals go there too.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Tasty Greek food at an affordable price and with speedy service. Our family of five really enjoyed it.

Date of visit: August 2018