See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Horrible place to stay. The only clean area in the room was the bathroom. The sheets on the bed were stained. The bedspread was also dirty. We called the front desk and asked for clean sheets. After a 20 minute wait my husband went to the office. The front desk clerk told my husband that he thought my husband said the sheets were ok. After looking through several more stained sheets the clerk finally found some clean ones. The carpet was really dirty. My husband and I would not walk on the carpet without shoes on. The hotel looks fairly nice from the outside but the rooms are really neglected. This place has s in need of a major remodel. I would actually rate as a zero. We checked out as soon as possible the next day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

A project hotel.
In other words you share space with free housing recipients.
But you are charged an exorbitant price.
The staff was delightful and the rooms clean. Breakfast is coffee a toast, waffle or cereal at a table

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
DHAVAL K, Front Office Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Monticello, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and We apologize for the inconvenience. I hope we will see you again and we will try our best to go over your expectation.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it is close to the terrain race we signed up for. Not many others in the area. The website seemed fine and mixed reviews I deemed as normal. When we got there the staff was really nice. No complaints there. The outside looked good so how bad could it be?

We walked into our room, the carpets were so dirty we refused to step on it without shoes, it reeked like mold and mildew (i was stuffy the entire time as i am allergic to mold), and it was dirty. I own a residential cleaning business and this was completely unacceptable. The toilet barely flushed and we were worried we would clog it.

I inspected my bed and found curly small hairs throughout and even on the pillow. I went to the front to ask them to change my sheets because that room wasnt done. The gentleman immediately came and did it in front of us and i gave him the bedspreads too because they needed to be washed. He was really nice about it.

The people who live there are sketchy at best and we didnt feel totally safe. A man parked his scooter in the handicapped spot when he wasnt using his vehicle which took its place. Im pretty sure thats illegal.

Behind the 1980s nightstand was a ton of dust, fingernail clippings (yes..fingernail clippings) and a hair bead. Only one light worked and we literally bought cloxox wipes and cleaned the entire room.

I can tell theyre trying to upgrade which is really needed. The hotel has great potential and it is my understanding theyre trying. Hopefully they just gut it and redo because its beyond just changing a few things. $126 is a RIDICULOUS price to pay for this place. Maybe 60 at best.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank gkruspe
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Not bad if it was $50/$60/night. Room was clean, but the carpet was old and dirty. Washroom, again clean but old and needs replacing. The town also seems to be under construction (roads, some buildings) Great Pizza place near by.If it's with the guys for a night, it might do. Otherwise I would NOT stay here! Not for Family.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Our room had very dirty floors and room appeared very dirty. Bed appeared to have crumbs in bed and the people we were traveling with had to replace dirty sheets. We did not ask to change room because thought other would be as bad. Could hear floor squeak when people walked in room above and in the morning when they were having a good time. Definitely would not stay at hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple