Super 8 Montgomery Maybrook
US$89
  • Breakfast included
US$81
Travelocity
All reviewswyndham rewardswall unitroom was cleana queen size bedflat screen tvone night staybagelslampserviceablerefrigerator
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Hands down the worst place I have ever stayed. The surrounding area is a truck stop and a storage area. The tv is an old tube television with the bubble fronts. The lights in the room are lamps which don't light the entry to the room, a definite safety hazard. My room was right under the stairs to the second level which sounded like a pack of elephants every time anyone used them. The walls and floors above creaked constantly. The bathroom was stocked with the bare essentials which meant 1 towel set and nothing besides basic soap. My checkout time was 12 and I had housekeeping open my door at 11 asking me if I was checking out today. Tried to do a load of laundry which they locked and stopped the dryer halfway though the cycle.

By far my greatest concern was the tap water. The tap water from the bathroom tap was WHITE with whatever water impurities it contained and actually felt slimy. It tasted horrible, at which point I began to notice all of the above. Water potability has never been a concern at any lodging I have stayed at before.

Would not stay again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Splortched
Reviewed 25 October 2010

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room I stayed in was clean and the area around the motel felt safe.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 October 2009

Above the cut as far as Super 8/budget motels go. Conveniently located right off I-84 (exit 5) and is nearby several fast food restaurants and shopping. Rooms were clean and service friendly. The free cont.l breakfast was average,but still quite a bargain. Kid friendly and priced right! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2008

I would only stay in this hotel again if I could sleep in my car in the parking lot. The first room they assigned us had an electric heater that immediately set off the smoke alarm when turned on. The smoke alarms are not hard-wired to the front desk so they didn't know there was a problem until we called.

We were given another room which was designated "smoking" and the smell could have given you second-hand smoke poisoning. As I was shaving the sink water was very cloudy and when trying to get the sink to drain the plug mechanism slammed shut and broke. We had a sink full of dirty, cloudy water in our bathroom for the rest of our stay. We tried asking the front desk to call in a handyman but they said he would not be in until 4PM. The handyman never arrived.

One last thing, they told us to park on the side of the building closest to our room, but we soon discovered that the card reader on the door was broken. Using the main lobby entrance was our only option. This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Stay away.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank NoTellHotel
Reviewed 16 October 2008

attended an affair in the area
1)very convenient to i-84
2)no elevator if difficulty walking up stairs,request first floor
3)feels very prefabricated structure
5)isolated area

room clean and bathroom clean with enough towels
definately would stay again

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)