“One Dish”

Jane Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 80 Restaurants in Mineola
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

This is a small family run business whose father died and his family carries on. I come here for one dish. Though I had a couple of other dishes her, including the ramen noodles, the Biben Bap, hot or cold, is full of flavor. The secret is the meat and the rice. Besides the rich hot sauce paste, there is also only one other small fish, kimchi, but the BB portion is so big it does not matter. It is among the best dishes in the area, and it deserves this rating.

Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is a very small hidden gem in downtown Mineola. This is our go to spot for BaBimbap in the area. For those who don't know what BaBimbap is, they take a stone pot and heat it up. They then put meat, egg and vegetables in the pot and they cook in the pot. It's brought to the table and you season it with spicy bean paste to taste. The aroma coming from the pot is delicious. The pot will likely still be too hot to touch even when you are done eating. The restaurant also serves other Korean dishes as well.

Reviewed 23 December 2014

From the name Jane Cafe & Restaurant, you won't think that the place is a Korean Restaurant. Don't know why they are so low keyed about advertising that they are a Korean restaurant because their food is oh so delish. Of course you can get the usual billgogi, bibimpab dishes and Kalbi(the best their is). The service is warm and friendly all the time. Often you'll see the owner and his wife both taking care of the restaurant. This mom&pop place is the real deal...real authentic homemade Korean food. A true hole in the wall but a great find, a treasure! Located in the middle of the town of downtown Mineola, plenty of parking all around. Such a unique restaurant for you to sample yummy Korean food in Nassau county. Happy eating and I'll see ya around the table!

2  Thank lejaceman
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We had a great meal here and will be back - everything was delicious, the waiter [owner's son I believe] was pleasant and answered our questions and didn't mind chatting.

Definitely small - not a lot of tables - be aware particularly if you have a large group

1  Thank cherieamb
Reviewed 1 June 2014

When I needed a new place for Babimbap after my favorite restaurant closed, we tried Jane Cafe. As we approached, we were hesitant as the Cafe has very little curb appeal. Once inside, the restaurant is small, with perhaps 6-7 tables and one waiter. Appearance can be deceiving though, as the food was excellent! The Dolsot Babimbap came out hot and sizzling. Dumplings, bento boxes and teriyaki chicken were also well done. There was even Korean beer on the menu, as well as canned pear juice that my daughter loved. We have gone twice in the last three weeks and the service and taste has been consistently good. But please, don't go, the place is small and I want to be sure that there will be stable open for me when I go back!

1  Thank Bill D