All reviewsstarbucks coffeeroom with queen bedsoutback steakhousetgi fridayshotel is locatedwithin walking distancecheck in was easypull out sofanice poolcoffee tableother hotelsen routethe staff was friendly and helpfulfront desk staffwould definitely stay here againwater pressurenice property
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

BOOK HERE NOW. I am someone who is deeply affected by kindness and thoughtful gestures. I was given hearty helpings of both, prior and during my stay here.

Spoke to Brent extensively a week before arriving, to book directly. I find that I receive the best service and rates when I book directly via phone. During the conversation he inquired enough to learn that I'd be staying for work, it would be my first stay with the Marriott family of hotels, I'd be out on business on my birthday of all days, I quit smoking (6 years ago!) and was vegetarian. I never felt as if he was fishing for information. Our conversation just leisurely drifted on to various topics. I felt very at ease and Brent impressed me with his friendly phone etiquette. I was awarded with an excellent rate, mentioned my arrival time and ended the call.

Being a truck driver, I was concerned about finding adequate parking. The lot, while a bit narrow in spots, accommodated my straight truck just fine. The hotel sits in a very convenient on/off highway location. The lot was well lit, exceptionally landscaped and clean.

I walked right to the lobby desk and was greeted with smiles and kind, welcoming gestures all around. Tyler looked up my information, inquired about how I was feeling and within just a minute or two was already handing me my keys. It was this moment when a different gentleman from behind the desk greeted me. It was Brent. Again, more smiles and kind gestures. He joyfully placed a beautiful chocolate cake, topped with a lit candle on the counter in front of me. YES! Birthday cake! (THOUGHTFULNESS!). I just about fell to the floor. What a fine way to start my evening here! After blowing out my candle and giggling obnoxiously, Tyler handed me my keys.

He said, "Right down the hall to your left is where you'll find your whirlpool suite."

"Excuse me? Whirlpool suite?!" I squealed.

Brent chimes in, "Carrie, since it is your birthday, and you're not able to be home because of work, and it's your first time staying with us, I wanted to make tonight special for you."

At this point I am giggling and bouncing about the lobby like a child.

I just about sprinted to the room. When first walking in, you'll notice the massive king bed topped with cushy pillows and plenty of bedding. The feel is modern and inviting. Flat screen tv, glass door shower with tile, extra seating, fridge, coffee, microwave and a huge whirlpool that's deep and can easily seat 2 people. Brent also gave me candles. Candle lit baths are wonderful. Hooray!

After taking it all in, I unpacked and showered. The water pressure was very good. The towels are soft and the hair products are Paul Mitchell. Very nice!

Brent suggested I visit SOHO, an independently owned restaurant just next door. Wow! Great food! So many different options and types of food! 15% discount for hotel guests!

Coming back to hotel, I again was greeted with smiles. Brent made an appearance and inquired about his suggestion. I spoke highly about SOHO and he nodded happily.

I sat down in the lobby. There are very cozy couches there. I was given a gin martini made by Cassie (slightly dirty, extra dry, exactly as I like) when I sat down. More squealing. By this point, I'm so high on kindness, I'm acting ridiculous. I spent time socializing, basking in the experience and once tired enough, retired to my room. With candles lit and a good book, every care I could have, melted into the whirlpool.

The bed was so comfortable. I slept soundly and deeply. My wake up call was right on time. I rushed out at 6am for work, grabbing Starbucks coffee from the barista on the way out. More smiles! More curious inquiries about how I'm doing.

"Perfect. I am perfect." I say through a giant grin.

Checkout was easy. Receipt was slid under the door in the night. Just left the keys in the room and headed out. Everyone said goodbye to me as I left and Brent took the extra moment just to double check one more time if I enjoyed myself.

I've never felt quite this special before. None of the above was required. I didn't ask for this, nor did I expect it. However, a gentleman as fine as Brent knows how important it is to put kindness first, to remember unique details about each guest in order to customize our experiences. I listened to him as well as other staff members speak to other guests. They were exemplary and extended the same loveliness to everyone who was here. A true testament to their dedication to customer service.

Please make it a point to stay here when in Middletown, NY. Brent and his staff and gems! Thank you again so much for an experience I can't stop talking about.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Maps666338
Brent_Hnatow, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2016

Thank you for sharing such a detailed post about your recent stay at my property the Middletown Courtyard by Marriott. As the General Manager I am only as good as the team of associates I have working with me. I am truly fortunate to have a committed team of consummate hospitality professionals who are always willing to make our guests feel special. I have shared your comments with them and they were all ecstatic about being written about on Tripadvisor. Cassie takes great pride in making the perfect classic martini in our lobby bar and Tyler is currently pursuing a degree in Hotel Restaurant Management. Barbara is a master barista at making all the specialty Starbucks coffee that we proudly serve in our Bistro.

We were all glad to read that we made your Birthday a special day even when travelling for work. All the best and we look forward to your return visit to Middletown.

Middletown Courtyard Marriott

Reviewed 23 August 2016

After a long hard trip, this was a welcome relief. I love the clean, white blankets that are always washed, unlike most hotels that don't regularly wash blankets or bedspreads <
yuk>! Price is comparably reasonable (except on weekends.)

Room Tip: I'm guessing they are all good.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Brent_Hnatow, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Earth_Angel2,

Thank you for posting a perfect five star review of the Middletown Courtyard by Marriott. I was pleased to read that we provided a welcome relief after a long trip. My housekeeping associates take great pride in the cleanliness of their rooms and our rates are very competitive for our area.

We are all looking forward to your next visit from Cottage Grove, Oregon.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Stayed at this hotel for my best friends wedding with a large wedding group.

Very impressed with the hotel. One of the nicer Courtyards I've stayed. Lobby was clean and spacious with a good design, my room (324) had 2 queen beds, a sofa and a balcony. Very very nice and very very spacious. Loved the outside seating area in the back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Daniel S,

I could not agree more with your review of my property the Middletown Courtyard by Marriott. We truly are the "Best Hotel in the Area." Our outside patio is the perfect spot to relax with a drink from our full bar and later this year we will have a new fire pit installed.

We are the perfect venue to host wedding group blocks both large and small.

My associates and I look forward to your next visit.

Courtyard Middletown

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We had a long journey from the UK to JFK then a 2hr drive to Middletown, my daughter was attending a summer camp in the Catskill mountains so we chose this hotel as being one of the nearest (about 40 min drive away). Very welcome upon check in and went straight to our rooms, very suprise that both connecting rooms were very spacious. Plenty of space to store clothes, fridge and coffee/tea making facilities, iron etc. The rooms kept nice and clean and staff very friendly and helpful. We didn't see the pool but could smell it at reception. They had Starbucks also in the reception area to you could have breakfast and snacks etc. Close by ate many restaurants within walking distance and rhe Galleria shopping mall is just a short taxi drive around the corner. You can buy water soda and snacks etc in the reception area also along with small toiletries and Meds. Only thing I would say is that there are no safes in the rooms to leave personal items. I would definitely stay there again, very nice.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Sarah M,

Thank you for sharing your recent experiences with all our future guests on Tripadvisor. All our rooms feature both the microwave and refrigerator. We do not have in room safes but we do have safety deposit boxes located at the front desk for all our guests to use.

We are all looking forward to your next visit from the UK.

Middletown Courtyard

Reviewed 26 July 2016

No complaints - and rather pleasantly surprised. Spacious and well appointed room. Property is very well maintained. Everyone we came in contact with was helpful and friendly.

Large, open lobby with well organized and maintained breakfast area. Lots of room for small to medium gatherings - plenty of lounge space. Nice size bar as well as a 24hr coffee bar.

Might be the nicest Courtyard I've ever experienced - definitely won't be disappointed with this property.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Brent_Hnatow, General Manager at Courtyard Middletown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2016

Adeluciajr,

Thank you for sharing with all our future guests your recent experience with the Middletown Courtyard by Marriott. We were all glad to read that you found our rooms to be both spacious and well appointed. I could not agree more with your review that our property is the perfect spot for small to medium size meetings. We proudly serve Starbucks coffee 24hrs a day which is very popular with all our guests.

We all look forward to your next visit from New Jersey.