All reviews bagels juice continental breakfast room was large microwave and fridge clean sheets hot water room furnishings very pleasant stay would stay here again attending college canadian border cleanliness lobby motel ny canada
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We booked our stay here at the last minute due to an issue with another hotel in the area. We walked into the lobby where we received a gracious welcome by the young lady at the front desk. The lobby is standard for what you would expect at a 2 star hotel- no frills but very neat and tidy. The welcome was 5 star. She gave us our rooms, and offered us ice cold bottles of water which were greatly appreciated. We booked a 2 queen suite and it was huge! Another family member booked a regular 2 queen room and it offered plenty of space as well. Some of the interior is showing wear and tear- worn out stains on the sofa were a little off-putting- but the beds were extremely comfortable and the bedding was fresh and clean. For me the warm welcome and the super clean rooms are what won me over. My daughter is attending college in the area and I am sure we will be returning.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Econolodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018

First, the good things: it was clean and uncomfortable. If you had to stay here, it wouldn't be a nightmare. Just probably not what you expected.

When I checked in, the attendant seemed to have limited information about my check in (via a 3rd party site). She asked me questions like "how many are staying" and "have you already paid"... something the computer should have told her. She also discouraged me from using a 3rd party site for future reservations with them (which there won't be).

Then, I got a room with one bed, when my reservation was for two. This wasn't a big deal since I only reserved the two bed room because it was cheaper.

When I got to the room, it did not have a refrigerator and microwave as advertised on the site.

A lamp did not work.

There was no peep hole to the hallway.

I arrived on Friday night and left on Sunday morning. Housekeeping did not visit my room on Saturday.

Again, none of these things was horrific but all put together, it definitely detracted from the experience... especially the not providing was was advertised part.

If you have to stay here, it'll be ok but just don't expect anything... not even what was advertised.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Econolodge M, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are try our best to make you stay very comfortable. thats why we are doing renovatison in this place. now we have new lamp and we do have in every single room Refrigerator and microwave how ever you book suite qeen room that come with two room one with leaving room and one bed room. we are really apologize that you did see in other room while during your stay second room also open from that same room that you were in. we are also sorry bout that housekeeper did not clean your room on next morning. I hope that you will give us another chance to make you stay more comfertabel and we will make sure that we will make you happy with your next stay. please come back again.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for 3 night in 2 room. My family was impressed with cleanliness and tidy roomsfurniture and bathroom. Big room space. Next time I am sure going to be stay here. And staff was very helpful and nice people.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Econolodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2018

Dear Jiten P,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Family members stayed here, and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room. The room furnishings were rather dated, but this is an older venue. I drive by it often, and it always seems full. Staff was pleasant.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Econolodge M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Dear Guest

Thank You for taking time and give us some feedback. this is under new management. We started renovation i hope that you will come back again and try our renovated room.

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent two nights here while visiting a friend in nearby Waddington. When we were preparing to leave the second morning, I planned to jump in and out of a quick shower only to discover that hot water was among the missing and remained so for the next 90 minutes! Luckily we weren’t on a tight schedule that day, but it was rather irritating to put it mildly. I know that the property was completely booked and believe that the water heater was not adequate to meet the demand.
The room itself was large and clean, but drab with decent lighting, an excellent small fridge, ample clothing storage, a small table and chairs, and a comfortable bed. All pluses. There was also a comfy recliner that my husband immediately claimed for himself.
Our desk clerks were very friendly but often away from the counter.
Breakfast was very minimal with fair coffee.
We would stay here again, but probably only in a pinch.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Jenish P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your reply. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay at our Hotel, and appreciate your feed back so that we may take the proper action to redeem any issues that we may have at our property. We are currently getting ready to update and renovate the Hotel as to secure future satisfaction to our guests coming to stay with us, and ensure that our Hotel is of the best quality.

We here at the Econolodge hotel would love to see you again when you come to visit the area and to see the changes we are making to the Hotel for the better. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience you experienced, and thank you for your feed back!

Kind Regards,