“comfort inn maspeth, ny”

Comfort Inn & Suites Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maspeth
Reviewed 5 February 2017

Hotel picked us up at LGA for free. Used this hotel before a cruise out of manhattan cruise terminal. Very nice desk staff and clean hotel. Hotel got us a driver for the next morning to the cruise terminal, good driver and average price. Breakfast was clean and great. Lots of choices. Would stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: get rooms not in basement. Our room was great.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bruce R

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

At that time the front desk person was just not at all pleasant. Very talkative and barely heard anything I said. I've given it another chance today , and to my surprise the front desk person was very nice. Informed me of ammeneties and the room was perfect. Comfy beds,coffee and cups. Before ,I had to go down and get the coffee . What is that.?? Definitely a difference, it's quiet , the view is of a cemetery. It doesn't bother me. For those who get weirded out request opposite side of hall. It's located close to the highway, easy on and off. Plenty of good eating on Broadway, every kind of food. You may have to drive a couple of minutes,or uber it. But yummy. Also nice choice for breakfast, it's hot.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel because on the web it said $116 per night. To my surprise it wasn't 116. Almost every night it was a different rate . The first night I noticed there was blood on my sheets I called the front desk only for them to put the same sheets back on the very next morning no follow up call was given or messaged left to make sure everything was ok I get my bill and I see a change on the rate and on the bottom on one line it said "other tax" which when I call the front desk no one had a clue what it was for. It's a shame that I had my family stayed there and me as well every time we visit people in NY and this morning I get a call from the so call General Manager Margherita Bianchino for her to try and give me 10% off of one night I spent almost $750 for 5 nights and your trying to take off $20 are you kidding people I wouldn't stay here ever again it's disgusting and they will try to rip you off you guys need more training of customer service and job titles

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Armaort53
MaspethGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

As explained to Mr. Ortiz, you are correct there were rate changes. Rates can vary per night and these rate changes were noted on your confirmation letter and your registration card upon check in. Three of the five nights the rate was $116.10. A local discount was provided and when you decided to extend your stay with us we honored that rate.

Also, as Mr. Ortiz stated during our conversation, the front desk was not notified of any stains on the sheets. If they were, I can assure you they would have been changed immediately. And, upon extending your stay there was no mention. We take these matters very seriously and our housekeeping staff works very hard to make sure all our guests have a clean, comfortable stay with us.

We do apologize for any miscommunication. Please feel free to contact us with any additional concerns. A private message has been sent to you.

All the best,

Reviewed 7 November 2016

The front desk accommodated us with an early check in and were also quick to alert us to their free shuttle service and locations (airport, restaurants and subway station) it could take us to nearby.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and included both hot and cold items.

The room included two queen beds with clean linens and plenty of clean towels in the bathroom. The room itself was up to date style wise and immaculate. Overall, if we are in the neighborhood again, this would be the first place we'd look.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Chad G
Reviewed 5 November 2016

This place is just OK, it was good enough for what we needed which was a place to stay between an international vacation. The coolest thing is the huge cemetery across the street. It's not a bad location and close to a freeway (not sure which one without looking it up). I booked this place because of the free airport shuttle. But, the shuttle only goes to LaGuardia and does not operate before 5am. So we were only able to take advantage of the shuttle once during our stay, since our international flight was out of JFK. We took Uber to get around the rest of the time. The Uber drivers had a difficult time finding the hotel for some reason.
I did not have any trouble with the staff, they were all friendly and helpful. They do tend to socialize in the common areas (breakfast area, etc) while on their breaks, which I've not seen in a hotel before, but maybe they don't have a staff break room area. We were allowed to lock up our luggage in their storage area between check-out time and our late night flight, so that was helpful. And, when we arrived early (before check-in) they had a room ready and let us check in early so we could get some rest. I was so thankful for that! The room was pretty small but clean. Breakfast room is comfortable and coffee is available all day, that's a plus. Breakfast was average. The front desk has take-out menus available for a few places close by if you get hungry and don't want to go out. There doesn't appear to be much close by. If you are looking for the excitement of NYC, you won't find it here. But it's a decent place. Overall, our stay here was OK, but if I go back to NYC I will probably splurge and stay closer to the city or at least in an area that is more walkable.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maspeth
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Queens - Maspeth
2.5 km away
La Quinta Inn Queens New York City
La Quinta Inn Queens New York Ci...
#34 of 34 in Long Island City
4.4 km away
Comfort Inn LaGuardia Airport - 83rd St
3.3 km away
Wyndham Garden Laguardia South
3.6 km away
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhattan View
Holiday Inn L.I. City - Manhatta...
#11 of 34 in Long Island City
5 km away
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Airport? Share your experiences!