ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius
Priceline
US$581
US$162
US$141
Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa(Grande Riviere Sud Est)
US$316
US$242
Cancelon
US$671
FourSeasons.com
Agoda.com
Villas Papillon(Mahebourg)
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewscall to prayerbaguettecoffee or teabreakfast servicequiet at nightcar rentalairport pickupde chinestaff for making my staynice family run hotelsimple breakfastclose to the airportgreat bathroomlate arrivalthe entire islandblue baynext morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the ons motel for 2 nights and were very happy with our choice. The neighbourhood is not crowded with tourists which we loved.
Our pick up service from the airport went perfectly fine (25€ for both ways. Way cheaper than taxi or other hotels!)
Our dear host Ibrahim recommended a nice restaurant with local food (try the sizzle squid!!!) and organised a trip to the islands the next day, again for very fair prices.
The room was clean and simple but had everything you would need, including a safe.
Breakfast is very simple (baguette with jam, tea and some fruit) but ok.
The bus to the beach takes 20 minutes (bluebay). There is no beach close to the motel!
The staff is very friendly and helpful. You feel rather couchsurfing than staying in a hotel
We definitivly enjoyed our stay,

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Friederike P
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Was looking for convenient location out of season in Mahebourg whilst on budget but requiring reliable internet and some additional services like airport pick-up / taxi service etc. Hotel is ideally located on major thoroughfare but didn't find noise too intrusive and more than compensated by excellent location close to all amenities like shops ,weekly market (a must see!) , bus station etc. Communication with owner Ibrahim excellent both before and during stay. Nothing too much trouble and can highly recommend optional evening meal which was really good value. Would definitely recommend and stay at in future if you are looking for budget friendly lodgings and realistic with expectations commensurate with price. Thanks Ibrahim!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard St M
an917, Gérant at ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Richard,

Thanks for having the time to leave us a review. it was nice to meet you there and we are happy to see that you had a nice moment at ONS Motel & Guest House.
It will be with great pleasure to meet you again at our place for your next trip to Mahebourg.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We drove past twice before noticing the sign. The guest house is on the 3rd floor, accessed though a closed pair of gates. The lift had an out of service sign but apparently that's to discourage the 2nd floor gym patrons. There's no parking - we had to park in a nearby side street. After such a discouraging arrival, we were a bit worried but things then got better. The room was generous and everything worked, although the fittings were basic but that's to be expected at this price. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The ONS is in the main street of Mahebourg, close to the Waterfront, where there are several good looking restaurant (we went to the Dragon de Chine). Breakfast was simple but adequate.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amp-qld

Hello,

Thanks for your review.
We would like to thanks you for staying with us and was nice to meet you there.
For the parking unfortunately we don't have on site that's in written on the website but you can park on the alley next to the hotel that is 100% safe where we park all our rental car. As we are situated on the heart of Mahebourg and the police station is just 1 min walking distance from our place. Generally is very easy to find us as we are on the main street of the town but maybe for you as was in the night you have not paid attention.
We will definitely put a more large sign board in the future so that will be more easy for future guest to find us.
Feel free to contact us for your next trip in Mahebourg, we will do our best to receive you again at ONS Motel & Guest House.

Cheers & all the best.

Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2017

The ONS Motel in Mahebourg, Mauritius is a great place to stay, especially if you are looking for budget-friendly lodging outside of the major touristy spots.

The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the breakfast included delicious fresh fruit and a crusty baguette with accompaniments. A pleasant surprise was the Fitness Centre on the floor below the motel; guests were allowed to use the gym for free.

Ibrahim, the manager of ONS Motel, is a friendly, helpful, flexible, and kind young man. He was available at all hours, if needed, and worked hard to take care of his guests. As I only had vague ideas of what I wanted to see, Ibrahim gave me great suggestions on what to see and how to get there. I did two day tours with him in different areas of the island and he was very open and patient with my 10,000 questions about all things Mauritian. The motel also offers airport transfers, which always makes things easier. As a female traveling solo, I also appreciated the very safe accommodations and town.

I highly recommend the ONS Motel to all travelers. Ibrahim was the best!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank GinnyFuhs

Hi Ginny,

Thanks you for your review.

I'am happy to see that you had a nice moments at ONS Motel & Guest House specially with our breakfast and our fitness centre. We have done our maximum and this is the best way to thanks us your satisfaction.
It was nice to meet you there and don't forget to contact us again for your next trip to our beautiful paradise island.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I had to stop overnight in Mauritius and needed to be close to the airport.
ONS had good reviews and so I thought I would check them out.
Booked online and organised transfers to and from the airport with no trouble.
Ibrahim was waiting for me and he was a pleasure to meet and deal with.
He showed me to my room, where breakfast was the next morning, where the ATM was and made some suggestions for dinner.
The room was comfortable although the shower had no hot water. When I let Ibrahim know he assured me he would look into the problem.
Well priced, quite (except for the call to prayer....I lived in Egypt for 2.5 year's so didn't worry me, however.....) and great service makes this place a winner.
I regularly travel through Mauritius so l will return.
Enjoy

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank bergerski
ibrahim-0101, Manager at ONS Motel & Guest House Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thanks you Bergerski for your review.
That's nice to read it and this encourage me and our team to continue our hard work to give all our guest a good service.
I would like to thanks you for staying at our place and do not hesitate to contact us for your next trip in Mauritius island.