See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2016

We also found this B&B online and weren't sure what we would get. What we did get is a nicely appointed room, outstanding full breakfasts, and wonderful service. There are a few paths nearby and it is a short walk to the Stillwater Reservoir. There is also a restaurant on the lake, and free canoe or kayak use with the B&B stay. We did canoe and saw loons on the lake.
It was a great chance to unwind and get away from the kids and the suburbs.

Room Tip: The guest rooms are on the first floor. Breakfast is up a set of stairs.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 2rh
Reviewed 28 August 2015

My wife and I found this on line, and booked several days stay hoping for an unscheduled get away from Syracuse. After getting specific directions from Frank by phone, we mounted our kayaks and headed north. We were completely relaxed by Frank and Jackie's hospitality. Just what we needed. Just a short drive to the shore of the reservoir, then a wonderful open water swim around the islands at sunset, then a shower and a fantastic breakfast cooked in front of us by Frank...fresh fruit, juice, tea and fresh-brewed coffee, eggs/pancakes, muffins... phenomenal. We stayed in the larger of the two rooms. Very comfortable. WIFI had a strong signal.
My suggestion...leave all of that at home, because that is why you come up here.

Room Tip: Leave your digital equipment at home.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2015

Spent this past weekend at the Northern Lights B&B, Frank and Jackie were gracious hosts. We stayed in the king room with Jacuzzi. Room and public areas were top notch and a match for many luxury hotels that we have stayed in. Breakfast was delicious prepared by Frank with home baked goods by Jackie. This is north country hospitality at its best!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2013

A friend and I chose to stay the weekend at the Northern Lights B&B. I had been vacationing in Old Forge a few times and was concerned at first as Stillwater is 18 miles north of town but Frank and Jackie Rudolph made staying in Stillwater so amazing we spent most of our time there! We enjoyed snowshoeing compliments of the B&B and a snowmobile tour as well as fabulous breakfasts and a wonderful room. The room and bath was spacious, well furnished with a nice in-room furnace. We enjoyed some videos from the extensive DVD collection. I had no trouble accessing the internet and did some work while I was there. I would definitely recommend Northern Lights B&B to anyone looking to vacation in the Adirondacks and will certainly be back!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My husband & I have stayed in over 35 bed and breakfasts in the past 10 years and we have never had a bad experience...and each experience has been a different one. Accomodations are different and so are the innkeepers. To get to this B and B, you do go over a bumpy and gravel covered road which takes about 10-15 minutes from the main road. As you drive up to the house, there are horses and chickens on the property. From the outside, especially with the For Sale sign, you don't get a great impression. As we entered the front door, we were met by the cute dog, a Jack Russell and the children in the background calling , "Don't let the dog out"...The children are well mannered and polite. The entry way was dark and again, did not give a great impression. My husband and I looked at one another as the innkeeper said ," You are staying for two nights right?"...(We had booked three nights but from first impressions, we weren't sure that we would want to stay a third...Boy were we wrong! We are going to hate leaving tomorrow. Our room is lovely with a small gas fireplace. The bed is most comfortable and somewhat like a waterbed but firmer - filled with sodium chloride. The bathroom is modern and HUGE. There is a shower as well as a wonderful jacuzzi that I took full advantage of. The first day we were here, we were asked if we needed anything in our rooms and we said no and left for the day. When we returned, everything was as we left it and the bed was not made. This is only the second B and B in all of the years that we have traveled that the bed wasn't made. However, on day 2, our bed was done up...so much for that. Breakfasts have been wonderful. It is served between 8 and 8:30 am . You go up a spiral staircase from the first floor to the innkeepers upstairs living area. The kitchen is wide open and is a commercial one so you can watch Frank cook breakfast right in front of you. Coffee was ready when we arrived along with fresh fruit - cantelope, honeydo and strawberries along with homemade cranberry or blueberry muffins. Today there were also granola and cranberry squares that were out of this world thanks to Jackie. We had French Toast and sausage the first day (along with potato paddies which I thought a little strange with french toast) and today we had ham and cheese omelets with salsa, has browns and toast which was very good. Frank told us tomorrow will be waffle day.
Today we took the River Boat to Norridgewock Lodge and this was a lovely day. The boat leaves at 12:30 pm and takes you over to the lodge - about a 45 minute ride. We had a lovely lunch in the rustic hotel and then sat by an outdoor fire down by the lake. We strolled the property until it was time to come back to the mini-bus that took us back to the boat. This is a must do , especially when the trees are changing color. We saw some eagles and also the loons.
A very short jog, there is the Stillwater Restaurant where we found the food and the atmosphere to be very good. You are made to feel very welcome.
We have enjoyed our stay at the Northern Lights and would come back again. There is wi-fi service so I was able to use my computer. There is no TV but there are over 1,000 DVD's to choose from. There is also no cell service. Our accomodations (the room and bath) are the top of the line . The innkeeper is an interesting fellow and has some great stories to tell. He is very knowledgeable about the area and is willing to share what he knows.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Elm room which faces the parking area.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ASF48
Adkchick, Owner at Northern Lights Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2013

Thank you so much for your business! We hope to meet again!