1,218 results
All reviews subway station new york stove top bagels times square continental breakfast the holiday inn enjoyed my stay convenience store manhattan skyline ice machine central park few blocks balcony nyc city kitchenette
Reviewed 22 April 2015

The first night staying at hotel was nice. Location is good but the room is extremely small for a full bed room. Everything in the room is tiny. We can hardly accommodation two small suitcases in the room. Customers service was good at the very beginning until yesterday when I left, I asked the front desk girl for transportation and traffic to I was told we could either take a yellow cab on street or book a taxi at a flat rate of $35. But finally the flat rate taxi was from a private driver. I doubt if it's legal or not. I assume hotel will provide us service from a taxi company or something like Limo. Does the hotel earn commission on this service ? Finally we found out the traffic was perfect and we used 10 mins to head to airport but definitely we paid very high for the taxi fee.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Penny C
Reviewed 22 April 2015

My wife and I stayed here for three nights after a long drive from Toronto. We were welcomed by a gentleman named Chris who really went above and beyond for us over those three nights. This is a great location because of its accessibility to the train. The rooms are a little on the small side but worked out fine for my wife and I. Overall a good stay if you can book for a decent price. kudos to Chris for the great service!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2015

Located in an "up and coming area," this hotel offers affordable accommodations conveniently located a block from a subway station (N Line). No onsite parking is available, which turned out not to a problem for us since we found a spot right out front of the hotel and it didn't require a meter. Be forewarned, however, that finding on-street parking may not be as convenient.

The front desk and cleaning staff were very pleasant and helpful.

What began as a problem with our reservation was quickly resolved by the hotel, upgrading our room and offering us complimentary continental breakfast. Our room was large and clean.

Some drawbacks are the fact the nine-story hotel has but one elevator, which is shared with the cleaning staff, so be prepared to use the stairs or waiting. The continental breakfast ($5/person) is located in the basement "conference room." A fact which not obvious nor mentioned by the staff. The area's dining and entertainment choices are a bit scarce or questionable at best - so plan on making it a rest stop. Its close proximity to the subway lends itself to hearing the rumbling of the subway throughout the night.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 15 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights!!!
Has an option for queen bed with a small kitchen.
Hotel is clean and maintained OK.
Parking near to the hotel was not hard to find.
Subway is right next to the hotel.
Breakfast was below average.
But the cookies that they keep in the reception everyday in the evening is just the best.

It is slightly overpriced i would say. I booked it over a deal. Neighbourhood is OK. There are a couple restaurants close by.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I absolutely loved this place! We actually switched over here before we got to Queens. The staff was so nice and amazing! They took the time to answer all my questions, recommended me to different places to eat, and helped me in any way that they could. DEFINITELY stay here if you ever get the chance! They were the sweetest and nicest people that I came across while in NY. The hotel is a block away from the subway, so that was a definite plus. There was a little convenience store at the corner, so that was helpful. Food is a couple of blocks away or a train ride away.

In short, I really enjoyed my stay here! The area is definitely safe, as I was walking from the train to the hotel at 1 or 2 AM and it wasn't sketchy like the other places.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family