“Decent food, service needs a lot of help”
Review of Hunan Larchmont

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Hunan Larchmont
Ranked #35 of 63 Restaurants in Larchmont
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

We have been eating here for 26 years ever since moving to Larchmont. The restaurant recently changed hands and though the food is still pretty good, waitstaff and management needs serious training in customer service. We expected this place to be packed on Christmas, but in spite of reservations, no one seemed to be keeping track of reservations vs. guests who came in without reservations. Once seated, it took some time to order, but then the food came out at a reasonable pace. Once finished, we had to flag someone down for a bill and to clear our plates. We took home some leftovers which leaked into the plastic bag they were placed in. In the past, containers were first packed in a paper bag and then in a plastic carry bag. By 7:30 PM there were plenty of tables, so perhaps the best strategy is to arrive on the later side on Christmas Day. This was our third visit under the new management. At one point it seemed they had brought back some of the prior waitstaff, but then they were gone again. Big mistake. They new the regulars and treated them well. MANAGEMENT TAKE NOTE : the fried noodles were total grease. This needs immediate attention.

Reviewed 25 August 2016

I was very happy to have found a "normal" Chinese restaurant where you can sit down and have a meal.
Usually they are take out shops with a few dirty tables in front. So I was happy to have found one in my new neighborhood, complete with noodles and duck sauce to start.
It's nothing extraordinary, just reliable Chinese food in a pleasant environment.
This will be our go to place when we're in the mood.

Reviewed 2 March 2016

I have been coming her for over 25 years . It never got trendy ( tho they now serve " light " entrees and sushi offerings .... but it is the real deal . Want some egg rolls , spare ribs , wonton soup ? Craving shrimp and Lobster sauce .. ? This is the place . My kids love it and I have to admit I do .

Reviewed 16 October 2015

Went there for a family dinner! They have really great Chinese and Japanese cuisine! Would highly recommend the Dragon & Phoenix, which comes with Jumbo Shrimp & Sliced Chicken W. Steamed Bean Sprouts, Carrots & Snow Peas In Mild Spicy Black Pepper Sauce. For desert I ordered mango Mochi Ice Cream, which was really delicious!

Reviewed 6 March 2015

Went there the other night. Service was non existent. Food came out so fast because it was microwaved. Horrible. My cocktail had a rancide orange slice in it. Best of all when I complained they presented me with a bill. Paid it and will never return. You can get better chinese food from a can. All this and it was Chinese New Year.

3  Thank angie c