1,481 results
All reviews generations restaurant mirror lake underground parking paddle boats attached restaurant main street specialty room in town steam room shops and restaurants indoor pool life jackets private beach frozen lake hotel restaurant first floor beautiful view of the lake
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

Our first trip to Lake Placid was well worth the drive! The Golden arrow was wonderful and everyone on staff was very friendly. We will definitely be back again next year. Highlights were ice-skating on mirror Lake, visiting the Olympic venues and of course skiing at Whiteface.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2017

LiGabel,

I’m thrilled to hear you enjoyed your first visit to Lake Placid. We often hear from repeat guests so it’s very nice to know that our little Adirondack town did not disappoint (not that is ever does :)) for a first time visitor. It sounds like you had a well-rounded winter experience here! I hope you can visit us in the summer some time as well. It is very different, but with just as many fun activities. Who doesn’t love swimming in a lake you skated on earlier in the year?

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We look forward to having you again in the future!

My Best,

Reviewed 8 March 2017

We used the microwave, coffee machine and refrigerator but had to find our flatware. Our room overlooked the frozen lake for a very pretty view. The location is ideal in Lake Placid to go right downtown or left to the Olympic center.

Room Tip: Get a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends

LeBrains,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Arrow. I’m very happy to know you enjoyed looking out over the frozen lake from your guest room and enjoyed being able to walk to the center of Main Street and the Olympic Center.

I hope you’ll visit us again! Enjoy the rest of winter.

Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Went for hockey tournament and stayed at golden arrow. The hotel is absolutely fantastic,
Very accommodating with super friendly staff especially LORETTA.
It is conveniently located within walkable distance to the rink and restaurants nearby. The room was clean and spacious with beautiful views of mirror lake.
There is a indoor pool with hot tubs& steam room to unwind and relax. Enjoyed the stay so much that we look forward to being return guests.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Pramod W,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Golden Arrow. I’m thrilled to read that you found the hotel to be fantastic and loved the convenient location, friendly staff (I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Loretta), spacious rooms and beautiful views. I’m even happier to know you will return and stay with us again. It’s always our goal to make a lasting impression on our guests.

I hope to see you in Lake Placid again soon and wish you safe and happy travels until that time!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

I go to lake placid often and sometimes like to stay at a different hotel,this hotel is a good one the staff is great location outstanding the only thing is that it's old a bit past its prime but having said that room was spotless,would I stay there again yes if the price was good.

Stayed: February 2017
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Jimmy M,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Golden Arrow. I’m happy to read you enjoyed our great location and staff. It’s also nice to know you found our guest rooms to be spotless. We have replaced a lot of our furniture and updated many amenities in the last few years so I’m a little surprised to read the “past its prime” comment, but I we are an older resort so I understand where you are coming from. The Holderied family has owned the Golden Arrow since 1974 and there is never a time when there isn’t a new project or update happening.

I’m happy to hear you will stay with us again some time. I hope you enjoy the rest of winter!

Reviewed 28 February 2017

Stayed the weekend 2/23 through 2/26. This was our first stay after 5 years of Lake Placid tournament trips. Rooms are dated,and small. Even the family suites are strange as they are essentially two rooms with 1 bathroom. Heater was loud like a jet engine. Beds were comfortable though and the location is perfect. Rates are high and a 3 night minimum guaranteed at least $700 bill for each family. This hotel is not worth the rates they charge.

Saturday there was a power outage that affected the entire town. This was obviously less than ideal. The hotel staff did little to accomodate the guests aside from having a generator that kept the lobby warm and lit. They did not provide the guests with water, snacks or anything extra. We did manage to get some food from China City, but the hotel would not let us eat the food at tables and chairs in the restaurant, nor did they bring tables and chairs from the conference rooms to the lobby to provide extra seating. We fed a lot of people with the chinese food a few of us walked to pickup by placing the dishes on luggage carts. The hotel did not even provide napkins, or paper products to assist us. Obviously the hotel has no control over the power, they do have control over how they take care of the people staying at the hotel. It was crazy to force everyone to their cold dark rooms at 10:00 PM.

Once we did go to bed, the plow driver working overnight thought it was good idea to bang the plow each time he moved snow. Our room faced the parking lot, so we listened to this all night long. We only stayed because there was still a chance that the tournament would continue on Sunday.

I see the hotel commented below about a credit toward a future trip. I don't think that would make me want to stay there again.

Room Tip: Pet friendly rooms are close to the lobby on the street side, none have a lake view. All rooms have loud heat/ac units.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Laura B
Jennifer H, Owner at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2017

Laura B
Thank you for your candid comments. At difficult times, as everyone in the community experienced this past weekend, you try to do the best that you can with the information at hand. The last time Lake Placid experienced a power outage of that magnitude was the ice storm of 1998. In truth, we all expected the power to come back on within a few hours as it always had. That was our biggest mistake.

That said, I know the team on site tried to make the best of the situation and provide everyone with as much information and comfort that they could offer.

We have been gathering feedback from our team and our guests over the last few days. We are taking this information with an open mind and heart and plan to use to see how we can improve should a situation like this occur again. (Hopefully not). Thank you for your comments. The gift cards you mentioned should be going out in the mail today. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in Lake Placid.

Jenn Holderied