1,491 results
All reviews generations restaurant mirror lake underground parking paddle boats attached restaurant main street specialty room in town steam room shops and restaurants indoor pool life jackets private beach frozen lake hotel restaurant dog sledding hockey tournament
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Since we really enjoy Lake Placid we decided to stay at The Golden Arrow to celebrate our 26th anniversary. This was our first time staying at the hotel and we will definitely be back. Jennifer at the front desk was so welcoming and kind. We really appreciated the room upgrade and all the extras that were given to us. Your thoughtfulness really helped make our stay so memorable. The Haystack room was very nicely appointed, very clean, comfortable, great view of the lake and we really enjoyed the gas fireplace. Thank you for a wonderful stay. Diane and Greg Becker

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear Diane and Greg,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Golden Arrow and Happy Anniversary. I’m thrilled that you chose to celebrate in Lake Placid. We love being able to upgrade guests celebrating special occasions and adding a few extra touches to make their trip extra special. It’s wonderful to hear that you both appreciate this very much.

I’m happy to hear you will be back to stay with us again. I hope that time comes soon!

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

The fist time I stayed at this hotel was 30 years ago. We've returned every couple of years. This hotel has been maintained beautifully. The location of this hotel is perfect. We really enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Wendy W,
Thank you for your great review of the Golden Arrow and for returning to the resort for the past 30 years. I truly appreciate your business and hope to see you in Lake Placid again soon.
Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 13 December 2015

My husband and I stayed overnight last month with a Groupon we had purchased. It was a really good value and deal. Check out and check in were a little interesting because the lobby was under reconstruction or something, but it was really no problem. (I understand this should be finished now)

It was really nice and convenient to have our hotel along Main St and be able to park the car there as well. Our room was very nice. We were on the ground floor and could walk right out to the lake. We had a King bed and it was very comfortable. The room was in good shape. I liked all the green initiatives the hotel has as well.

The next morning we had a delicious breakfast at Generations restaurant, which was just an elevator ride away from our room. It was a great start to the morning!

We came at kind of a dead time of the year, but this resort looks like it would be so much fun especially in season summer or winter. I'd love to come back and experience it then! We would definitely return and recommend this property to anybody.

Date of stay: November 2015

Dear jennjenn85,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Golden Arrow. I’m happy to hear that you had a great stay with us and would recommend us to friends. Thank you for pointing out our commitment to protecting the environment and convenient location in your review.
We did take a few days to re-do the floor in our lobby a couple of weeks ago (I was also kicked out of my office because of the fumes). I apologize that this was a bit confusing, we’re able to communicate these things directly with guests who book on the phone with us or on our website, but when reservations come in through Groupon we don’t have any contact information for guests so we can’t reach out to inform them. I do apologize for this.
The resort is a wonderful place to be in the summer and/or winter. We’re hoping to get some good snow soon! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, I look forward to your return to the Golden Arrow.
My Best,

Reviewed 9 December 2015

Our one night stay was amazing, great food and good local infused top shelf bar at the restaurant Generations. The big comfy King room overlooked beautiful Mirror Lake.
Great underground parking and bufffet breakfast. I used the hot tub and the pool this morning, was sparkling ! The hard working family owned resort, and staff go above and beyond. I enjoyed my stay and hopefully be back next year.

ansophia,
Thank you for reviewing the Golden Arrow. I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant, Generations Tap & Grill as well as our indoor pool and friendly and hardworking owners and staff. I do hope you are able to stay with us again soon!
Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 1 December 2015

For the last 15 years my wife and I have been vacationing in Lake Placid. The first year we stayed at the Hilton (not a good choice). Every year after that we have stayed at the Golden Arrow (a much better choice). The rooms are more attractive, cleaner and much more comfortable than at the Hilton. The entire staff (from the maintenance staff to the owners) make you feel like a welcome guest in their home. A couple of years ago a room that we had always reserved was unavailable. We were upgraded (at no extra charge) to one of the suites with a great view of the lake. The pricing is not that much more and the suite is a lot nicer than our old room was and we now reserve the same suite for our vacation. The rooms on that side of the hotel are a lot quieter which helps make our stay more enjoyable. The customer service is truly exceptional and we appreciate everything that is done for us ! " THANK YOU" Golden Arrow staff for making our stay in your house so enjoyable ! Can't wait to see you again in September 2016.

Jesse & Carol Kivler
Scranton, PA

Room tip: Have to get a room with a view of the lake.
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Jesse K
GenerationsLP, Director of Marketing at Golden Arrow Lakeside Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2015

Dear Jesse and Carol,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for the last 15 (or so) years! I truly appreciate your loyalty to the Golden Arrow. Its repeat guests like you that make our job a great one. I’m very happy that you liked the suite we upgraded you to so much that you now stay in it every time you visit us.
We try our very best to make our repeat guests, and all of our guests, feel like they are at their home away from home, it’s nice to know that you feel that way here.

I hope to meet you next September! I hope you have a great holiday season.

Cheers,