We went for a weekend wedding. The lodge was so clean. The rooms are all suites. We felt guilty being there without kids. There is so much room and so much to do, just on property. Since it was first time to Lake Placid, we also got to see the quaint town, and the many Olympic locations. Memories from the 1980 Olympics made this a trip down memory lane, but with all the modern comforts. The views of Whiteface mountain are gorgeous and you can enjoy them from the many picture windows, or from your own outside veranda. My one negative is the lack of staff. The staff we met were very nice, but we saw the same people in the morning, that evening, and then the next morning. This was considered a shoulder season with less activity. Would like to go back again for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, this exclusive resort is a haven of comfort and elegance. A retreat where guests can relax in sumptuous all suites resort and enjoy superb cuisine. A refined atmosphere, log architecture, fire places, world class spa, year round activities and the Canoe Beach club on Lake Placid. The Lodge is both a family friendly destination and an adult playground or romantic escape. A Member of Leading Hotels of The World and the most Luxurious Full Service Resort in the Adirondacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Whiteface Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Hotel Lake Placid
- Whiteface Lodge