1,426 results
All reviews fire pit great hotel brew pub balcony room public beach complimentary breakfast within walking distance great room ski lodge the breakfast area perfect location beautiful lobby in town would definitely stay here again adirondack chairs adirondack lodge pool and hot tub
Reviewed 13 October 2018

This is probably one of the best Hampton Inn's we have every stayed in. The hotel was beautiful, the rooms were very clean, the lobby was gorgeous and the grounds were amazing. We absolutely loved sitting outside across from the water and enjoying the pitfire. The hotel was very close to the Olympic Center too! It was a superb place to stay - not one thing negative can be said about this place! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike S
GenevieveB616, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service you received during your stay. Our team works very hard to ensure our guests have an exceptional stay and we are glad that this was what you experienced. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 12 October 2018

My husband and I wanted to just get away for a long weekend. What a GREAT place to visit. Lots to see and do with a lot of walking. Bring those sneakers or hiking boots.
Columbus Day weekend was filled with color. the hotel was amazing. Everyone was so polite and helpful. Rooms were nice and clean and the morning breakfast was quite adequate. The have a great rooms with plenty of table to sit at the enjoy a morning cup of coffee overlooking lake Mirror. An outdoor fire pit was especially nice in the evening. Plenty of place to eat on the main street and was in walking distance of all of them. We really LOVED our stay at the Hampton Inn and will return. Thanks for a great time Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank TheHons

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the service you received during your stay. Our team works very hard to ensure our guests have an exceptional stay and we are glad that this was what you experienced. I am so glad that you were able to relax and enjoy our Great room overlooking beautiful Mirror Lake! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed 11 October 2018

The Lake Placid Hampton Inn is an outstanding facility. Their Great Room is gorgeous, terrific place to just hang out and enjoy the views and the fireplace, with a nice fire pit just outside the Great room. The location is also great -- not on the main drag but just steps away from shops and restaurants on Main St. Our room was fine, with a nice little balcony overlooking the lake. But the service fell short, especially when it came to manning the complimentary breakfast. During breakfast -- and this was true of slower days as well as their busier ones -- garbage cans were overflowing, juice dispensers were out of OJ, they were out of sugar, paper coffee cups and lids, etc. Nothing that would exactly ruin your day, but these little things just shouldn't happen. Management should send all their breakfast workers to a Marriott to see just how it's supposed to run. Marriott knows how to run a complimentary breakfast, these guys at the Hampton don't have a clue. Also, we arrived a little early (1 hr before check-in) and our room wasn't ready. Not a problem, guy at front desk said they would expedite cleaning and call my cell when room was ready. We never got a call even though our room was ready when we returned at check-in time. Overall, top-notch physical facility, just don't expect much from many of the people working there.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Don S
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

My husband & I Spent Friday and Saturday night of Columbus weekend at this hotel. I booked this hotel because I wanted a hotel close to town with a lake view. I booked a King lakeview suite with balcony. Great location across the street from Mirror Lake, the Olympic Center around the corner, and the Main Street of Lake Placid up the block. Easy to walk to anything in town.

I Received an email from Hampton Inn and suites on Thursday saying I could check in and use a digital key for our stay. When I went to check in online, the website gave me the option to pick my room. It would've been helpful to have pictures showing what our view would be from the balcony to assist in picking the room. In the end I chose room 518, and have attached pictures to show what the views are from the balcony. In the end we spent very little time on the balcony and I would not spend the money on a balcony room again.

Even though I checked in on Thursday, when we arrived at 3 PM on Friday we were told that The room was not ready. I left my phone number with the check-in desk and we went to walk around town. A little after 4 o'clock we got the call that our room was ready, and we walked back to the hotel around 4:30. When we went to check-in we were told that 71 other people had checked in before us and that it was quite busy. When I asked about the digital key being available, like it said in the email I received, I was told it was not available.

The room was clean & spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The only negative with the room is the outlet nightlight. For our room, the outlet was in a little alcove where the sink is. At night when the lights were turned off, the light from the outlet reflects off the large mirror above the sink as well as the mirrored closet doors opposite the outlet, lighting up the room. In the end, we had to put a piece of paper over the outlet to reduce the amount of light in the room.

We never ate at the complementary breakfast because we felt the offerings were poor. The first morning there were cheese omelets and sausage, The second morning was scrambled eggs and biscuits with gravy. Both mornings there was also make your own waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit etc.

The only other comment is about the S'mores. When we checked in, we were told that S'mores would be available both Friday night and Saturday night. Friday night, around 9pm, we were sitting around the fire pit with another couple and my husband went to the front desk to ask about the S'mores. After a few minutes, He came back to the fire pit with four little bags of Smore ingredients, One for each of us. However the bag only held enough ingredients to make ONE S'more. I guess we could have gone to the front desk and asked for more, but put enough ingredients in the bag to make two S'mores.

In the end we enjoyed our stay here. Since we spent so little time in the room, I'd probably look at other rooms, or other hotels in the area that are cheaper.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsReign
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Long wait for a room on check in. We were overcharged by $400 on check out and this took awhile to get resolved. They have a bar but when we tried to redeem our complimentary drink cards ( due to long wait at check in), there was no bartender and they sent a maintenance man over who didn't know how to work the beer taps. The breakfast was poor compared to other Hampton Inns. The elevators were broken on arrival. One was fixed within a few hours but there was no light inside the elevator so they set up a battery powered lantern so you could see. Basically the hotel needs more qualified staff.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Meander538822
Calvin P, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Lake Placid, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay as we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again.