See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

So I was Nervous when I first booked this hotel, because I usually stay in Hilton’s. It was close to the ski jumps where we were going for an event. The price was good and like most places inLake Placid are a 2 night minimum, this was a 1 night min. The hotel rooms are outdated but the room was clean. I also liked that there was a sliding glass door so u could just walk out to your car to bring things in. The pool is across the street, we didn’t get to use it because of time. I would prob. Stay here again

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank hoffyrn
Reviewed 11 February 2018

This place had nice clean rooms and friendly service. We had a very comfortable stay. It was quiet, hospitable and overall, of a high quality. The pool was a big hit and was very dank as it was shaped like a dolphin. The best part of my stay, however, was the complimentary continental breakfast. They had a machine where you pressed one button and the machine made you 2 pancakes in about two minutes. It was fast, easy, and best of all the pancakes were delicious!!!! I very much enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Stayed three nights. My friend and I had separate rooms. She booked online and paid one prices; I called, and was charged another 50% more. I called back ten minutes later and said "hey, you charged me a higher price!" Was told, in these exact words, "too bad, we have your credit card number, so that's that."

One person told me they charge higher because I booked by phone instead of online; a second one told me its because my room has two beds; a third one said they don't charge more for either, and they don't know why I was charged more. But none of them returned my money. In other words, everyone made up a different story.

Breakfast is pretty poor but it is a cheap place. My room was clean enough, but my friend's was fairly dirty. I asked them more than once to fix a leaking toiled but nothing happened; while I was having breakfast another guest complained that something (coffee pot? Refrigerator?) had been smoking and nearly caught fire before they unplugged it. You get what you pay for, I guess.

Room Tip: Every room faces the parking lot/street, so fairly noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank irprof
Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

We checked in on Friday night to get up and out early to hike Wright mountain on Saturday morning. There was alot of people in lake placid for a competitive event, so rooms were very limited. The room was comfortable and the air conditioner worked well. When we went to leave our room we were taken back to find someone sleeping in the hallway outside our room. At first I thought he was dead, but I could see he was breathing. I informed the front desk and they took care of it. They offer a free continental breakfast across the street in the basement, the offerings were plentiful with plenty of seating. They have a pancake making machine, which I have never seen before and it made decent pancakes.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights for a lacrosse tournament. The room is very dated and has an odor of an older house. The room was clean and did have a flat screen TV, but that's where the positives end pretty much. The beds were old and uncomfortable, the screen door to the shared balcony was broken. The wifi was slow for the most part. To use the outdoor pool you had to walk across the road to get a key for the gate and to sign in and out. At $129/night it was one of the cheapest places in town, but I'd pay a little more next time.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family