See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 August 2018

The manager's Mark and Sara made sure our stay was exceptional. They had lots of suggestions for things to do and places to go with our pup. Provided an evening fire pit to relax after a day in the Adirondacks. The location was excellent, we walked to dinner at Lisa G's and it's close to pretty much everything. The rooms, grounds, and pool were tidy and clean. Overall a wonderful stay, we'll be back next year!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Stayed here recently for the lacrosse tournament 2018. Excellent hospitality. The place is on the older side but, the friendliest of the proprietors easily made up for this. Very clean and well kept place. Affordable and the pool was great.

Room tip: Stay in room with fire place.
Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2018

I stayed here with my two daughters June 9th. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. They had suggestions about things to do. The cottage was great and clean with everything we needed. They said that guests were like family and we felt that way. We hiked Giant which was very difficult but rewarding!

Room tip: cottage was great if you are traveling with kids
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Didn't stay but wanted to share my interaction with hotel on day of checking in. Booked a 4 night stay in this "pet friendly" hotel over President's Day weekend. Only thing when booking online was "Pets OK". So we called on day of arrival to let them know we will be checking in late and spoke to Sara. During conversation, the topic of our dog came up and she said their policy was that dogs cannot be left alone in room and what we must do is leave dog in crate at front desk when we go skiing/shopping/eating. OK... you policy is your policy but state it clearly online or say "call hotel for pet policy"!!! What if we never called about a late check-in and the topic of pets never came up? All she said was this is our policy and cannot be changed. I told Sara I don't even have a crate for my dog and our friends are all at work at time we need to leave for Lake Placid so I can't even barrow one. Our dog was never crated so I don't even know how she will react to being crated. She said there is pet store about an hour away in another town if I wanted to buy one. I asked if I can cancel hotel and and get money back and she said no refunds on cancellations. I even agreed that their no money back policy is clearly stated on website but there was nothing about their pet policy. Last thing I told her was by not publishing her policy, she put me in bad position and I will have to work things out. Hung up and called my dog sitter and luckily they were able to watch our dog. Problem averted...so I thought. About 1/2 hour later, Sara called back and said she spoke to owner (Brian) and because I found their policy to be unfair, they cancelled my booking. Yes, they unilaterally decided to cancel my reservation on the day I was suppose to arrive. I asked to speak to Brian and they gave me his number and I called him. Brian sounded annoyed at me and said I was basically yelling at his staff and that was not acceptable. Told him I am annoyed but yelling never happened. He said his manager (Sara's boyfriend) said I was yelling at him to which I told Brian I only spoke to Sara and never to the boyfriend/manager. Then I think Brian realized that maybe he was not given the full complete story from his staff so he said he will call Sara and boyfriend/manager and get back to me. 2 minutes later he called and agreed that I didn't speak to Boyfriend/manager but the boyfriend/manager heard the conversation. Brian was much nicer on this second call but still said because I found their policy "unacceptable" that he will go ahead and cancel my reservation. I asked if they have already rented out my room within the last 1/2 hour for more money being it's President's day weekend to which he claims "No, and I'll probably take a loss." I said then give me the room now that you know my dog is not coming and he said it was best that he cancels my reservation. What?!?! So unprofessional and so unfair. Be warned.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cabowabo67
Reviewed 4 July 2017

We really enjoyed our stay. Staff is super friendly, our room was spacious, clean, very quiet and peaceful. We appreciated the balcony and the view. It was a real pleasure to sleep with the sliding door opened and to hear only the river and the frogs! The kitchen is very well equipped and has everything you need. Would definitely stay here again if we come back to lake placid!

Date of stay: June 2017