All reviews room was clean village lake refrigerator rates
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We rented out the upper apt. For 3 nights and didn't have one issue at all! ALL staff was incredibly helpful and nice ( our favorite was Makayla:-) ) Bedrooms, bathroom and kitchen were all clean and more than served the purpose for us, incredibly roomy for a family of 5!!! Hard to find sometimes at a reasonable price! This is our second year staying here can't wait to go back again next! Oh and the pool area is nice met a few nice families all kids got along and perfect walk to down town not too long and out of the lime light for bedtime. Over all a great place can't beat it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Robert G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for staying with us again. It is always a pleasure to host you and we hope to see you again in 2019!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I booked this motel through RCI Travel services and was told that it was an upgrade as it was a 2 bedroom condo on the water at Lake George. The staff was very polite at the motel. The motel however was very old. Upon arrival at the motel the couple that was with us noticed that the wood along the stairs leading to the condo was rotting away. Once inside the "condo" we realized this was more like an efficiency apartment and very dated. The tan couch in the corner had stains, the brown chaise type couch had holes in in it. The carpet was very worn and very dirty. The cabinets in the kitchen were warped and dirty inside and out. The bathroom was also dirty.

All and all this was not a hotel that we could stay in and we had to leave. We were not offered a refund and unfortunately RCI Travel Services let us down by not refunding us either as they stated they had paid for the motel and since they could not get a refund neither could I. Keep in mind I am even more upset with RCI as they charged me $100 more than the walk up and take a room price.

The pool looked very nice and the staff was very polite, but I would not recommend staying in their so called "condo". I am still trying to get my money back, but I am sure that I will not.

Room tip: Try a ground floor unit but know that this is not a hotel I would recommend.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank cktrepanier
Robert G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for staying with us. Online booking engines are a constant headache for both the hotel and the guests. These services take between an 18% and 30% commission on the room sales and will tell you whatever you want to hear to get the sale. In short, they are horrible. In the future, please call us directly at the hotel. We would be more than happy to explain to you exactly what you are purchasing and even send you photos or FaceTime the room. That way, there are no surprises. Unfortunately, when you involve a third party in what should be a two party transaction, problems can arise. In the future, if you call us direct, you will probably save 10% on the room rate and avoid some of the travel fees that these sites like to throw in the last minute.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is what it is! It’s nothing fancy. It’s outdated, beds are uncomfortable. However rooms were clean and staff were very friendly. It was nice that I could rent just one night as most hotels in lake George are 2 night minimum. I would probably stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Robert G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for staying with us and we certainly hope that you do stay again. The work hard to update the hotel but, being a small family business, time and money are in short supply. That being said, in 2018, we repainted and installed new flooring in 20 bathrooms and added an outdoor fireplace for guests to enjoy. In 2019, we will update 10 guest rooms and add new outdoor furniture to the pool area and outside of certain sections of the hotel. Also, we will continue replacing between 8 and 10 beds per year. We hope that you will stay with us in 2019 to check out the progress.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I stay in motel the staff was very the house keeping keep our room clean every day the bath room was very nice the room was ok.but the park lot needs help but we had good time at lake George of wifi stinks

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Robert G, Owner at Motel Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that the room fit your needs. I am sorry about the Wifi. Earlier in the year, we paid Spectrum, our service provider, for an upgrade and we continued to experience periodic issues when the hotel was at or near capacity. For 2019, we are working with a local company to re-work the issue and possibly get our WiFi through AT&T assuming they are able to provide the service. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you next year.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

It was a great experience the hotel was ready as soon as we got there and the staff was so nice. The motel was very close to the town which made for easy access to what we needed and it was right next to the lake which was also convenient and the main office really helped me plan fun activities for me and the kids nothing bad to say about this place!

Date of stay: August 2017