“Been here several times this winter”

Garrison Restaurant & Pub
Ranked #24 of 171 Restaurants in Lake George
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 7 April 2018

After eating here several times, I would say it is a fine place to dine. French onion soup is very good. Many beers on tap regional and local choices along with the regulars.

Simple bar menu and it is a sports bar atmosphere. It has it niche. Nice location and clean. Like I said, been here several times and I would return again.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Nice atmosphere and decor but food not good and pricey especially for what you get. Wings dry with very little taste. French fries taste frozen. Nachos just melted cheese on top of cheap chips. Quite expensive too for kids meals that were not very good either. Like the local beer/cider options. So would go for a beer but not for the food.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

My family and I went in in the afternoon on a Saturday. The place was rather busy, and the atmosphere was nice. We ordered nachos, fries, buffalo chicken wrap, and mac and cheese for the kids. Quite honestly, I was a little disappointed in the items we ordered. The fries were frozen then deep fried. I can honestly say, what restaurant doesn't cut and fry their own french fries now? The Buffalo Chicken Wrap was bland. The chicken, was deep fried chicken strips (again I would say frozen) drizzled with a little hot sauce. The buffalo sauce was not easily tasted. The mac and cheese, was a big dish of pasta penne, with an Alfredo sauce. I thought it was a good size, and that it was better than the regular Kraft Mac and Cheese, but the menu and the item were two different things. Overall, I didn't think the food was anything but ordinary. If I were to go back it would be for maybe an appetizer and some beer, but nothing more.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Very busy place on Saturday night, live music, which, unfortunately was way too loud. We had a 35 min wait, but the service was good and the food very good too. It's more a sports bar and appears to be a local hangout, but definitely worth a try if you're visiting. We had a little problem with our bill because of a misunderstanding due to the noise, but otherwise I would recommend it.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

We were directed here by our hotel so did not check out any reviews. Our bad!
It's a pub/sports bar with lots of hard surfaces, a pool table, some video gaming, a bar, and multiple televisions. We asked for a quieter area in the restaurant which was fine until they turned up the music and until a woman who had already been drinking was seated at the table next to us. Loud! Loud! Loud! We were sorely tempted to just get our food to go.
The menu is extensive and the food is actually quite tasty. Service was generally OK but there really were only two servers for the entire restaurant, which made for slower service.
To be fair, for those of you who like a lively, alcohol-fused atmosphere with various activities to do with your friends, this is the place for you. The people are nice, friendly, and outgoing. For those who want something much quieter but a pub atmosphere, this is not at all for you.
There is plenty of free parking available.
Obviously, we would not return here but to each his own!

2  Thank 2CAtravelers