US$156
US$144
Hotels.com
Hampton Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$219
US$199
US$215
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I stayed here as a stop over driving back from Vermont to Philly. I picked it solely on price, figuring I just needed a place to crash and sleep a few hours. It's located within a car dealer parking area

The good - cheaper than other hotels in Kingston. Rooms OK

The bad-

*A huge hotel with probably a couple hundred rooms. I estimate only about 6 rooms were booked, and they put us in the furthest rooms from the front lobby. I was worried about my car being broken into since it was deserted where we were located. I think they put us there since it was near the highway and gave an appearance of a booked hotel. I literally drove to have breakfast in the morning since it was quicker

* The front clerk reeked of cigarette smoke

* The free breakfast wasn't the normal buffet but you geet a small slip that entitles you to choose from three items on a list. The waiter is also the cook, seater, and cashier

* I ended up driving 10-15 minutes away to strip that had numerous eating places

Room Tip: Not sure I think only some rooms are renovated
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced such an unusual circumstance and inconvenience during your most recent stay with us. We would like you to know that guest satisfaction is of extreme importance to us and your feedback has been forwarded to management. We truly thank you again for sharing your feedback and for your valuable business.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

On 2/15/2018, after 7pm, I needed a room with my "service animal", I was offered a room, but, I told the clerk I'd be back shortly, after dining. I returned approximately one hour later, and attempted to check in with a different clerk, as the shift changed. From the moment I arrived, the clerk "Shaniqua", whom the entire time was on a personal phone call, continuously discouraged and prevented me from renting a room for the night!! Firstly, she said my "service dog" was prohibited, then I would have to stay on the second floor, which later I was informed there was none. I presented two of my credit cards which she said had been declined which I knew to be false and called my banks to confirm they were fine. I was forced by her to leave and she came at me in a very threatening way. It was the worst experience.!!! Her name was Shaniqua!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Buzz G
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Buzz G,

Thank you for reporting this incident you had in the hotel. We are already making reports about this so the management will be informed by this news. We are very sorry about your disappointment but rest assured, your concerns will be highly appreciated to better our services to our dear customers. We hope you can consider us again after the experience you had in us. We promise you a better service and a professional staff.

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my family for just 1 night. I figured that even if it’s a bad hotel, it’s just one night. But this is my first and last time staying here. The rooms were really cold, the hot water wasn’t working in one room and the rooms were dirty. But what really ticked me off was how rude and unprofessional the staff, especially the front desk staff. She literally cursed at me just for asking for a copy of the receipt. She refused & told me to get out. She even called the cops! Yea, just for asking for the receipt & refusing to leave until I get the receipt. Stay away from this place.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank aahmed1010

aahmed1010,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. It is disheartening to learn that you did not enjoy your stay and that the room was not properly and thoroughly cleaned and maintained according to the high standards of our housekeeping and maintenance staff. I am very sorry for the impression we left you with, and we hope you will return to experience our continuing improvements.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

I kept trying and trying to make reservations directly with the hotel, because we were out of wi-fi connection in the Catskills. I had some questions to ask them. Finally went through the Choice phone system and made the reservation. Upon checking in, the clerk indicated that all the phones were out for some reason. She was very pleasant and we were quickly assigned our room.
The hotel is very close to the interstate and also to the southern entrance of the Catskills which made it very convenient for us. It has a strange entrance as it is in the back of a car dealer lot--keep that in mind if going there. There is a restaurant attached, but we asked where there were more. The desk clerk gave us a sheet as to how to get to them---about a 15 minute drive. The sheet was very complete, but with it being dark, we were still not sure. So we relied on our phones to get us to the entire row of many restaurants. There were also some down town, but we didn't make it that far. There was about every type of restaurant one could want along this road!
The rooms were very pleasant, clean and bedding comfortable. Although we didn't use it, there was a nice indoor pool and meeting facilities.
We were given vouchers for breakfast in the attached restaurant. We could choose from 3 combinations for a hot breakfast which was nice. Beverage was either coffee, tea, OR juice. There were eggs, pancakes and ??? We had to wait a long time to be seated and then to be waited on. It appeared that the waiter was also the head cook. He worked hard, but felt sorry for him having to do it all as the restaurant was busy at the time we ate. There were signs expecting us to leave a tip.

Room Tip: Don't be frustrated by the location being in a car dealership parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Guest_Relations_2018, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

gerenahum,

Thank you so much for your compliments to our breakfast options and we were able to meet your expectations of cleanliness and service in our hotel. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We can't begin to tell you how much we appreciate your review, and we can't wait to serve you again!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This hotel is extremely old and shabby looking but we were only staying one night... The only good things I can say about this hotel is that the bed was very comfortable and it was convenient off the thruway. The bathroom really needs updating, as well as all the carpeting etc. We went to breakfast, which is sit-down and the sign indicated wait for someone to seat us. No one around. Finally another customer pointed to where the one person working was and my husband went to find him. When we went to check out the front desk was empty with a sign that they would be back momentarily, which ended up being about 10 minutes before anyone was was there.

But... the biggest problem is the smell. The hotel itself smells old, closed and stale. The room wasn't bad, especially after we put the a/c and fan on. The restaurant flat out stinks and the smell hit as soon as we opened the door to the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraE519

be519,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your time in pointing out the areas in most need of attention as we work towards updating and improving upon our accommodations. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!