“Best clam chowder.”

Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Mariner's Harbor is located at 1 Broadway in Kingston and is adjacent to the Kingston City Marina on the beautiful Rondout Creek. Enjoy dining either on the glassed in deck, the outdoor patio or the dining room.
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

Chunkiest clam chowder ever, thick & creamy, with big chunks of clam. Warm fireplace & specialty cocktails were the bomb.

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Went to lunch here on Thursday. March 2. Nice bright day but cold. Order the lobster bisque soup. Perfect! Happy no change to that. My husband order the steak and shrimp scampi as he usually does. It was shown on the menu as Parmesan crusted steak. He order it without cheese. Cheese? Order came with a big piece of rosemary on the dish. Why? Not everyone likes this garnish. I ordered chicken Marsala with fingerling potatoes. Enjoyed the chicken but the potatoes where garnished with rosemary. Why? When I took a bite into the potato I bit into a hard piece of rosemary. Why do chefs think rosemary makes the food taste better. Hate to think what other changes the made to the menu. Not happy. Don't like to go to restaurants that I have redo the menu so I can get what I want on my plate.

Kayt M, Public Relations Manager at Mariner's Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Thank you for your comments! We take all our customers' opinions seriously, and do our best to provide a superb dining experience for all.

This year marks our 35th Anniversary. In celebration, we renovated our space and revamped our menus. Our classic dishes do still appear on our menu, alongside some fresh, new options.

Guest service is our main priority. If there is an ingredient you dislike, please let your server know. Our kitchen will gladly adjust the plate to your liking.

Mariner's Harbor strives to exceed expectations, and through reviews like yours, we are able to achieve our goals. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

This was our first time visiting Mariners Harbor during their 35th Anniversary. I really like that you can sit out on the deck by the water . We started with an appetizer of crab cakes and we all thought they were delicious, my daughter and I both ordered the lobster rolls which we both found very good although they only use claw meat there was not any lump meat, still very good...so here comes the part where it went south, my husband was looking for a surf and turf (filet mignon and lobster) being we were supposedly at a seafood place, the only thing on the menu that was close was a pan crusted steak with a tail, instead of baked potato he was served these very bland and boring "fingerling" potatoes, I tasted the steak and the lobster, I thought the steak was very good but the lobster tail was left underneath the broiler for too long so it was very dry and tough...unfortunately my husband was not impressed...I for one would return on maybe a lunch type basis..

From all at Mariner's Harbor, we thank you for your feedback. As we strive to provide excellent dining experiences, comments such as yours are crucial in implementing the changes that help us grow.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Meh.
The service and food at Mariner's Harbor was extremely poor when I visited with several guests for lunch.
They were so slow we almost left.
Other than the amazing location I dont know how they stay in business.

Kayt M, Public Relations Manager at Mariner's Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

We are so sorry you had a poor dining experience! We truly appreciate your comments, as any and all feedback helps us to improve our restaurant.

We are curious, when did you dine with us? Our business was closed for renovations on the date of your review.

Since then, we have undergone some grand transformations! In addition to our renovations, we have revamped both our food and beverage menus. We have a new look, a fresh menu and would love to share our changes with you. Please stop by to let us know what you think!

Cheers,
Kayt M
Public Relations Manager
Mariner's Harbor

Reviewed 21 January 2017

Next to the Maritime Museum (which we recommend) and the dock/ticket office for boat rides (which we missed and regret). Overlooks a tributary to the Hudson River and a pocket park. We ate on the patio and watched a rowing team glide by as the sun set. Magical. The food was good, too, and the prices and service reasonable. Would go back.