“Quick stop on a cold afternoon”
Review of Uptown Coffee

Uptown Coffee
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Kingston
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I had just finished an interview at the Kingston Hospital when I decided I wanted to explore the Kingston area. I was staying nearby on Maiden Lane, and since it was pretty cold decided a hot tea would suit me perfectly. I stumbled upon this place, found the interior to be very inviting. The front is all wood and very warm, a couple of small couches in the window facing the street, and a helpful barista. I wasn't sure which tea to get, I was between the dragon pearl jasmine and the lavender tea, they directed me to the jasmine tea, which was really perfect. Good pricing, lots of seating, lots of available outlets to charge whichever electronic you prefer, and a relaxed crowd. I like the inner area, which was a large circular room, with artwork hanging on the walls.

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Not always easy to find alternative milks for lattes when i travel. So happy to find good coffee and include the alternatives. Small but quaint shop.

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Great place to have coffee with friends sit down read a book or invite someone out for coffee. I would say even a nice atmosphere to sit study maybe do some work.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

My husband and I stopped here for a quick beverage. It was a cute lil coffee house with creative options.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

Working in Uptown Kingston has its positives and negatives. The big negative is parking. There really is none. One of the positives is Uptown Coffee. It is an easy walk from where I work. The staff is friendly and the coffee is very good. My favorite pick me up in the morning is the Uptown Funk. It is an egg wrap with cheese and liberally dosed with jalapeños. That and a hot cup 'o joe will open your eyes in the morning and see you to lunch.