“Give this place a try!”

Long River Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 34 Restaurants in Kings Park
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

We went here last night 4 of us in our party. The food was spectacular! Fresh hot and tasty. We ordered 4 combo plates which came with soup, eggroll maincourse and dessert. The soups were hot and tasty. eggdrop, wonton, and hot n sour. The crunchy noodles they put on the table were large and crispy . Eggrolls big like real New York eggrolls hot crispy NOT greasy at all and tasted very good. Entrees were perfectly sized and were served with your choice of rice. Orange beef was crispy yet tender how do they do that?and had alot of orange flavor broccoli was bright green and done perfectly. Mu shu pork served with plum sauce and pancakes on the side was really tasty and you could identify all ingredients. Orange chicken tender, crispy and sauce was delicious. Hot n spicy shredded beef was just that and more, delicious with lots of fresh shredded veggies and beef. We had ice cream for dessert..green pistachio!!!yummy. The decor was pleasant and clean and bright. The service was also pleasant our server was sweet and accommodating. Prices are very reasonable! Good sized portions.
I read other reviews that gave 2 or less "stars" they were from 2014/2015 I really think they should re try Long River. It was delicious..and I'm a hard core old school chinese food person.

Reviewed 7 September 2016

Never particularly liked the food. Restaurant was always empty. New owners but I believe same kitchen crew.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is under new management as the prior owners retired but they kept the chef and the food was excellent as always.

Reviewed 11 September 2015

I have been going to Long River for year, most always for takeout. Other places may be closer to home, and they are very good, I just find Long River's food to top them. I will go out of my way to come here.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

Long River used to be my only go to restaurant for Chinese food in Kings Park, but not anymore. I ordered a Pu Pu platter for two and it was disgusting, The egg rolls and steak on a stick were dried out and hard as well as the spareribs They looked like they had been sitting around for hours. There wasn't any shrimp toast either.

No more Long River for us, Much fresher and tastier food at Kings Food Chinese on Main St in San Remo,

1  Thank shaney123