“Very good Chinese-American cooking and a pleasant surprise”

Dragon House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 31 Restaurants in Kings Park
Reviewed 22 December 2016

I was bringing lunch for a friend who lived close by and stopped at the Dragon House on the recommendation of this website and was pleasantly surprised by the food and the service. First, I found the people who worked the counter to be very pleasant and are willing to work with big take-out orders.

I chose their Sweet & Sour Chicken with fried rice, Chicken & Broccoli with fried rice, eggrolls (out is this world) and their wonton soup. The house lo mein is excellent and full of various ingredients. All the food was steaming hot when I picked it up and was the same when we sat down for lunch a half hour late. Talk about fresh and well-prepared. Everything was seasoned correctly as well. The only downfall was the hot & sour soup. Too many button mushrooms floating around and it was not that great.

The place is my no means fancy and this is more very good Chinese-American cooking rather than traditional Chinese cooking. By the way, the lunch portion sizes are huge and are well worth the price. Just stop in for one of their combo specials and it is easily two lunches. What they do they do well and I will be returning when I am in the area again. They did a great job!

Reviewed 26 October 2016

I used to wonder how in a small town with two other Chinese restaurants literally around the corner, Dragon House could survive being in a little strip mall with difficult parking. Well, we've now tried all the Chinese restaurants in the area several times over and in my humble opinion this is the only place worth visiting. The food is always tasty and fresh, and always enjoyed by all. Quite honestly, this is the only Chinese food around that doesn't leave my stomach feeling somewhat yucky. On occasion they have even thrown in some extra food with our order, which has always been appreciated. When we opt for delivery, wait times have been very reasonable. Highly recommend!

1  Thank MoniqueH1967
Reviewed 25 July 2016

I’ve lived in Kings Park for 6 years now, there are 3 Chinese restaurants and this one is by far the best. We had the spicy vermicelli noodles and the general tsos chicken, both were very good as always. The folks that work there are friendly enough and the place is clean but nothing to look at. Go for the taste of the food, I think you’ll enjoy.

1  Thank LadyScags