“Specatcular !!”
other travellers have booked this property
Winter playground Ausable Cottage in Summer
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Winter playground
Ausable Cottage in Summer
Living Room
Kitchen with granite island and maple cabinets
New bathroom: sink and shower
New kitchen with granite island and maple cabinets
Dining area
Living Room
Sunrise from patio
Fireplace
Path leading to Ausable River
View of meadow from king-size bed in master bedroom
Dining table on patio
Living room
Cozy by fireplace
Living room
Firepit in front of cottage
Sunset from patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

andrew_ma...
Manlius, New York
“Specatcular !!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

My wife and I are very familiar with the Adirondaks and we wanted something that had some space around it and had a view of the sky. This was the perfect solution as it sits near the East Branch of the Ausable, and is down a private pine-needle-laden private road. Annie could not have been more organized in terms of the property. Her communication was specific and accurate, and she notified us that the property was available a few hours early on check-in day.

The property is spotless, well stocked with dishes, linens, and everything needed for a getaway. The porch has lots of chairs and was perfect for meals and early morning coffee. A short drive to Keene put us at the ADK Cafe where we dined on fabulous food which was far better than anything we had in Lake Placid.

Wanna get away and have some peace and quiet? Book this property, show up, and relax!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Quiet
Liked least: Poison Ivy near the river
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
25 Aug 2014
Thank you for your very constructive review. We are planning major renovations at the cottage and we will certainly take your comments into very serious consideration. Thanks.
Manhattan
Reviewed 6 November 2013 for a stay in September 2013

6 Nov 2013
Hello Andre,

Going over the reviews for our little cottage, it looks like I didn't respond to your kind words. That could not be. In any case, let me respond once more if I, in fact, did.

All kids love that little electrical car. I was a bit reluctant at first to let your kids have it as I was worried about potential mishaps. It is so much fun for the kids and the adults as well that I think you have to be willing to take calculated risks. The noise probably scared the deer away, but the kids will probably remember that little car for quite some time. So, if you ever come back, the little electrical car will be there for them.

Have a great winter.

Annie
Montreal
Reviewed 10 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway
10 Aug 2013
Hi Maike,
My apologies for not responding sooner to your very thoughtful
review. When you embark in a rental transaction, there is a reciprocal risk for the renter as well as the owner. If you give our little cottage a 5 star appreciation, you and your party certainly deserve just as many stars for being perfect renters. I will make sure to take that into consideration if you ever decide to stay at our little cottage again.
I wish you a very pleasant fall season.
Annie
NYC
Reviewed 13 June 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
13 Jun 2013
Thanks so much for your very kind works and your very thorough review. Nothing escaped your keen sense of observation. Your piqued my husband's knack for electronic gadgetry with your comment about his "funky lighting system, with a mind of its own". Next time you come, I am sure the funky little system will have been modernized. That in itself might be worth another trip. Looking forward to welcome you again.
NYC
Reviewed 29 May 2013 for a stay in May 2013

A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
29 May 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our little cottage. You certainly were also the perfect guest for the house. I'll make sure to take that into account if you ever decide to come back to our little house in the prairie. Annie
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing