“One of the better science centers” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sciencenter

Sciencenter
Ranked #13 of 54 things to do in Ithaca
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sciencenter inspires excitement for science through interactive exhibits and programs that engage, educate and empower. The hands-on museum offers visitors of all ages more than 250 exhibits, educational programs, a gift shop, an outdoor science park and a seasonal miniature golf course. Look, touch, listen & discover at the Sciencenter.
Buffalo, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“One of the better science centers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

It might not be a huge museum, but it sure packs a good punch! We went in Sept 07 when we visited my sister at college. All of us, including our daughter, 15 months at the time, had a lot of fun playing with the exhibits. They were well designed, displayed, and explained. There is something for everyone as long as you're a kid at heart. I loved the diversity of the exhibits and the fact that they could engage multiple age groups.

My husband and I are big on visiting science/natural history museums where ever we live or travel, and this one ranks up there as one of the better ones we've been to. If we lived in Ithaca, we would get a membership to it. It is a museum that could hold your interest with repeated visits.

3 Thank PunchieGirl

CT
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Awesome Place For Adults And Kids To Enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2006

I was visiting Ithaca with my husband and children. My husband was visiting on business and we were tagging along. I needed something to do with the children ages 3 years and 4 months old while my husband was in his meetings. The Sciencenter was suggested to me by a clerk in the local supermarket. I decided to give it a try and had planned to spend an hour or so there and then go to lunch. Well 4 hours later, I had to literally pry my 3 year old away from the exhibits. He had an absolute blast. Everything was hands on and experiential. It was a safe, intellectually stimulating place for children to explore and learn. I enjoyed the exhibits as well. It was very family friendly and we had an awesome time there. There was even an infant and toddler play area for very small children. I cannot say enough about how impressed I was. All of this for such a small financial investment as well! We will be planning a return visit!!

5 Thank lakelivinCt