“A little late review”
Review of Verace

Verace
Reserve with OpenTable
Verace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Islip
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Locust Avenue
Description: A fusion of classic Italian cuisine with modern sensibilities, Verace effortlessly combines fresh ingredients into new interpretations of traditional Italian dishes. The intimate setting pivots around our exposed Woodstone oven creating the warmth you feel when you are among family. Dine outdoors in our cobblestone space with a relaxing water pool and glimmering lights. Start with a selection of meats and cheeses, sliced on our century old Berkel slicer or a flatbread pizza straight from the Woodstone oven. Delight in savoring any of our house-made pastas, hand selected 21-day dry aged USDA Certified Black Angus NY Tuscan-style Strip steak served or classic chicken Parmesan as your entrée. Select one of ten wines by the glass or by the carafe from our sustainable wine barrels. We proudly employ a technologically advanced barrel system in an effort to reduce our impact on the environment by eliminating the waste of bottles and corks. Truly an eclectic taste of Italy.
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Verace is our to go place for a special occasion. Birthday, Anniversary, promotion, graduation and so on ... that’s why when we decided to go out for the first time in years for a New Year’s Eve dinner we picked this place of course! Never disappoints. Great food, great ambiance, great service. Since it was the last sitting before midnight celebration, place is packed and sitting was a little tight. Our friends had a good time so we are happy. Thinking of suit again this year

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Finally, I had the opportunity to stop by Verace, and I was not disappointed. In my quest to find a local restaurant that could be "my place" I might have hit the jackpot. First of all, the ambiance is great. Although the restaurant was busy on the night of my visit it was quite intimate and there was no problem speaking with my friend during dinner. There is not one thing I would have changed! Everything was perfect from the beginning to the end. The wine was paired perfectly with, and each bite was a delight. The service was excellent. I highly recommend a stop by this restaurant, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

We had to pass through a garden alley to get to the entrance of the restaurant at the back. I felt that you have already arrived in Italy. We requested a shady seat alfresco. The service was a little slow, but the staff were very polite and professional. So we just pretended that we were in a different time zone somewhere in Naples, after all it's Labor Day, What's the rush?

In house bread came alla plancha with ricotta cheese drizzled with honey. I ordered Margherita Pizza which was very simple but brought me back somewhere in the island of Capri. My wife chose the Lobster with burrata agnolotti.

The dessert selection did not impress me at the outset. But that did not stop me from asking the waiter to give me a detailed description. We ordered the pistachio gelato and ricotta cheese cake with preserved lemon rind. It needs experience reading behind the menu, but this restaurant draws you in as the dinner progresses and so at dessert time you have totally surrendered. It is the point of no return, more like of blissful returns.

Coming from Tangers Mall in Deer Park and in need of fine dining therapy, this place is the perfect restaurant to visit.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We understood that this was a first for Verace--a wedding dinner on a Friday for over 100 guests! With beautiful weather, the cocktail hour started out on the back patio with amazing selections of cheeses, arancini, seafood hors d'oeuvres, meatballs, meatball sliders and more. It was hard to imagine that there would be more to eat when we went inside. Dinner too seemed like an endless flow of selections, from shrimp scampi, to ravioli, more meatballs, and more. More and more. The wait staff flowed wit the crowd, even as they addressed individual guests special dietary restrictions. The food came from the kitchen well prepared, hot, and in abundance! This was a special wedding celebration, and the people at Verace did a fantastic job making the event so enjoyable and memorable!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant had a Lively atmosphere and food and service was great . Would come back again for sure.