“Best All-Around Sushi Value.”
Review of Akebono

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Akebono
Ranked #130 of 231 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

Akebono covers all the bases. The sushi is always of fresh and excellent quality. The pieces are good size, not small like many other places in the area. They do not "cheap out" when ordering a sushi regular dinner, like other places that give you soup OR salad. You get both here. The menu offers excellent cooked food. The hibachi dishes are surprisingly as good as hibachi restaurants in the area. Chinese dishes are super also. Ownership is exceedingly friendly, warmly welcoming everyone who comes through the door. There's plenty of comfortable seating in a cozy dining area. Delivery is available. Prices are very fair and less than many other places in the area which give you less. Well worth the trip.

There are newer reviews for Akebono

Reviewed 7 December 2016

My wife and I along with our three kids stumbled into this little place almost by accident.
Our usually Asian fusion place was closed for some inexplicable reason and we were driving around looking for something else to eat.

Ther at the corner of Little Plains Road and Broadway partially hidden behind a giant white fence stood Akebono.

We decided to give it a shot and let me tell you something: we were supremely happy we did and have returned many times.

From the moment you walk in, every member of the staff makes you feel at home and like family. They take care of you; check on you often but not too often. The food comes quickly but you never feel rushed. The friendliness is so genuine, you feel as if the entire staff should teach a class on warmth!

And the food? Spectacular!! They have sushi that is simply delicious and a wide variety of asian hot dishes that are simply mouth watering!
From my personal perspective, the garlic edamame appitizer and the Thai spicy basil chicken are just out of this world!! But We've never had a bad meal there and they always leave you wanting to return as soon as possible!!

Reviewed 19 October 2016

The service was friendly and fine. They didn't have some of their fish on the menu. The uni was not great and I was a little uncomfortable about the warm sushi. My wife had garlic shrimp that she loved and cheese wantons that she didn't like and didn't like the soup. I ordered another lunch to go... not good at all. I ordered the negimaki bento box and threw it all out. My wife should take out the garlic shrimp, but with so many places to eat, I doubt I'll go back for sushi. On the plus side, they had 2 for 1 sake for their anniversary.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

Excellent choices, all fish really fresh, some frozen items, overall good values. Definitely a go-back-to place. Staff are extremely friendly.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

This has been several restaurants in the time that I've lived around here, and I was a regular at Azuma. Now that it's Akebono, we decided to give it a try. We've tried takeout a few times now and service was fast, accurate, and tasty. Prices are reasonable. I haven't visited for a sit-down meal yet, but highly recommend it for takeout.