All reviews full kitchen hot tub steam room one bedroom suite hunter mtn valley view sofa bed lift tickets ski resort wedding skiing spa fireplace weekend condo convenience kitchenette
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We stayed at one of the condos and used the pool/hot tub during the day. There were many times that we were the only ones at the pool. Everything was clean and well maintained. All of the condos are individually owned, so check out the individual reviews on the unit in which you are interested.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank springs222
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

My daughter is here for bagpipe camp for the second year. We had an overall good experience last summer as the weather was fine and WiFi in our room worked. Nothing but rain this week so can’t do much outside. Main issue is WiFi not working in our room (309) although management doesn’t seem to believe us. Just keep telling us to restart our devices and they will reset router. Makes no difference. Last night the one dvd we were interested in taking out of their library had not been returned. Cable channels minimal. If only we could stream from Roku like we did last year, and are able to do in most hotels. Don’t advertise WiFi if can’t supply it to all rooms.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Andrea G
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Using this review to give details on the hotel, Hunter mtn Wedding service and some of the activities and sites I saw while there over a 3 day weekend for a wedding.

Hotel - Bride and groom had either a block or reserved rooms for the wedding. You could have reserved numerous options, from single bed to 3-bed sleeping condos. The options while vast are very unique and specific. I looked into a "3 bed" type condo to accommodate 3 couples. But, it was not cost effective and would require bunk beds. Wife and I went with studio deluxe. This was a single room, queen bed w kitchen. Range, fridge, toaster, table & chairs, fireplace. Rate was 170/night. I dont know if we got a better rate due to wedding, but based on other reviews, prob not.

The hotel is nice, cant speak for other condos on site. Room was new and clean, lodge was nice, bar and pool all looked new and modern. Only problems were:

1. Booking a room took a few phone calls as they for some reason could not help or answer on 1st attempts to call

2. A lot of rules, policies and disclaimers when booking and had to pay for half of stay up front, months in advance. Not sure of cancellation policy.

3. Lot of opportunities for fees and charges. 2 of my friends said they both read in the waiver we signed that if room key cards were not returned, $100 plus fees. Stuff like that.

4. They self promote their services and amentities like crazy. Not really a con, but just something I noticed.

5. Despite having a wedding party there, they were not totally ready. Gift bags delivered late, after wedding brunch was confusing and needed vouchers (not told till later), some rooms ready, but some not; Just little things like that.

The facility was nice, kept up and was a relaxing stay, the beautiful weather prob helped in that too. More on that.

Wedding - Ceremony was held on top of the summit of ski mtn. The absolute perfect weather made the event very nice, everything seemed to run smooth and wife (bridesmaid) didnt speak of any snags.

Reception was held at the Copper Tree Restaurant at the main lodge. It was really nice. Facility was nice, apps were good and bartenders were on point. The dinner was on time and efficient, very well planned. The waitstaff was the most attentive and approachable staff Ive seen. They were on the ball. Again, couple all that with a perfect summer evening, it was all working. Plenty of food, plenty of drink, good times

Zipline tour - scary, exhilirating and fun. The SkyLine tour was worth the $130 weekend rate for the experience. Prob wouldnt do again, but was glad I did. The instructors were smart, safe and fun. The whole thing was different and great thing to do in the morning before wedding stuff. Again, great weather only enhanced thus for me... as rain or murky weather woulda been a damper.

All and all, everything I experienced was a positive. I cant say what the families paid for all the wedding stuff that made the stay more special, but I'm sure it was a premium and they prob paid for every little thing.

If you were going not for an event hosted by someone else and weather was not as cooperative, the experience may not be as great. And like most other ski resort type places, money does not go a long way.

Hope this was informative and not too biased based on my experience. If you are looking into for a wedding, it was def one of the better weddings ive been to, so if you got the money, then it may be a good choice!

I gave a 4 star for the overall experience of my time there for all events and activities. The wedding and zipline tour being huge plusses

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This was our first time to the NY Catskills and it was a wonderful time. The staff, the accomodations, the pool, everything was a 10. We did not go at the peak season so not sure what we were in for, but it was fantastic. We drove all over and ate at many restaurants, while meeting lots of the locals. This is one resort we will come back to.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Excellent high class restaurant, but there are no activities unless you are a skier. Village of Hunter has nothing to offer. Our unit did not have a dresser or any place to store your clothing. Lived out of our suitcases. Had to request hangers for use of the closet.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple