All reviewsspg programfree breakfaststarwood propertyvalet servicedried fruitbrand spanking newbigelow toiletriestrain stationwarren stfive minute walkfloor to ceilingmodern designrooms are niceice machineroom doorfruit cupbig windows
Reviewed 16 April 2018

The Wick helped make our daughter's wedding weekend in unseasonably cold weather a warm and memorable time. From the sales office, to the front desk staff, to the valet, to our maid, the staff was extremely welcoming, personable and accommodating. The rooms are luxuriously spacious and the lobby was a perfect space to host a Sunday breakfast for close to 90 guests. You can take Amtrak, walk across the street and you're at the Wick.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Susan T, Manager at The Wick, Hudson, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you Deborah R! We adored having your family and friends with us, the New England weather couldn't possibly have dampened your charming group! What a pleasure to meet your Grandmother and Mother, truly a delightful experience for us all!

Happy Spring to you and yours!

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We really like staying at this hotel but had a bad experience last time we stayed there on Friday, March 30th. We had requested a late check-out and never heard back with an answer, even during the check-in process. Two hours before check-out my husband called front desk to inquire about the late check-out request and was abruptly told by Susan (manager) that there were no late check-outs today. Fine. Then Susan proceeded to intrusively come to our door at 1145am (15 min before check-out) to tell us again how there was no late check-out today. We found this extremely intrusive. Also, that morning at 9am, housekeeping knocked 3 times loudly at our door, waking me up. I am not sure how they are continuing to run this hotel with staff that are not at a professional level. Otherwise, we do enjoy staying at The Wick, despite some of the manager's snarky remarks to us.

Room Tip: All rooms are a bit different- very cool!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear meredithtr,

I am so very sorry that you felt this way, please allow us to redeem ourselves on your next trip. Reach out to me personally as I am on property most days.
When I say thank you for taking a moment to review us, I am sincere.

Susan

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We were new to both the hotel and Hudson and enjoyed both.
As there were three of us we had a suite with two doubles and a large sofa bed. New hotel so everything was in super condition. The room was very large, two televisions, a beautiful desk area, tasteful lighting. Bathroom had a great shower. A little more counter space would have been useful but difficult to see where that might have gone.
We walked up the short cut to the centre of the town, it’s about 5 or so minutes, up some steps and across a couple of blocks. Warren Street has lots of coffee shops, antique shops, galleries, home decor shops and some restaurants. A pleasant place to stroll.
Breakfast was very good - fruit, yoghurt, homemade granola and honey, pastries, croissants plus a sausage frittata.
All the staff were very friendly and welcoming. We would have liked to have stayed longer.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you HH65 for staying with us, we are delighted you had such a lovely time!
We adore that little stairway/short cut to Warren Street. It takes you a bit through our storied neighborhoods and Dutch architecture. Warren Street is indeed full of diverse shopping and fabulous restaurants.

We wish you could have stayed longer, but we await your return! Thank you for taking the time to send in your review.

Cheers!
Susan

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I come to The Wick Hotel Very Often ! Every time I come and stay I always have a specific housekeeper.. Amarie is always happy ! Always Smiling ! Always keeps my room in tip top shape as if she was my wife! Which makes me feel at home ! I must say I admire her alot , and she will bring the big bucks if you keep her around.

The Staff in the front are a wonderful greeting to come into! A handsome gentile man with ( cool hair by the way ) Always is ready when I come from a long drive! It feels great to give my keys away LOL!

I love the team work in general ! This is a well Organized, great environment space! Thankyou for your time
- J.W

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Susan T, Manager at The Wick, Hudson, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thank you John W!

We adore our housekeeping team, thank you for recognizing our Amarie and Bobby (valet). We feel incredibly fortunate here at The Wick! The personal interaction with our guests keeps our smiles alive and sincere.
Thank you again John W for taking the time to review us!

Cheers from us all!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

This is a really nice little property in Hudson, NY. The Wick is a little ahead of the curve and built/remodeled in advance of some other work planned in the area. The views out the window aren't great but will improve. Some are in a "basement" section. I stayed in one of those rooms and it really didn't bother me. Hudson isn't a place where come to look out your hotel window...if that makes sense. You come to explore and experience the community. The Wick is located in a great spot near the train station. They have a small shuttle that will take you to nearby venues. Valet parking is free. But its needed. I liken this to the great properties you find in small towns in Europe. The staff is so awesome. They all wanted to know and remember my name. Very talkative and anxious to help. I think some of the earlier feedback was start up issues that have now been worked out. If you're staying in Hudson this is a great option as a community this size wouldn't normally be blessed with a national chain like this. And yes, I believe "blessed" was the appropriate term to use.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Hassleback
Susan T, Front Office Manager at The Wick, Hudson, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you David H! We couldn't be more thrilled you had this great experience with us, and especially, taking the time to let us know. Many thanks from all of us at The Wick!
Happy Spring!