All reviews texas roadhouse cracker barrel buffalo wild wings strip mall front desk nice hotel red robin shopping area within walking distance parking lot waffles welcoming staff breakfast buffet stayed here for one night king room walk in shower min drive
Reviewed 14 September 2018

I stayed here with my husband 9/14/2018. We checked in and were given only one room key. When I asked for a 2nd key since it's two of us, I was told by front desk staff (William and Michael) that their key machine is broken and that they can only give us one key. The comforter on our bed was an older thin style. I was told by the houskeeper (Wendy) that she doesn't have the new ones as she is expecting a shipment. So I asked if we could have another thin one. My request was denied as Wendy said she doesn't have any and her statement was confirmed by front desk staff (William and Michael) We survived with one room key, even though it was inconvenient, but were not able to get a good night sleep with that old thin comforter, which frankly speaking has seen better days.

Room tip: We would not recommend this Fairfield Inn and suites
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to our area. I am sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. I will address these issues with the appropriate departments to ensure all our future guests have an outstanding stay. Unfortunately, the issue with the key encoder is beyond our control but it is in the process of being resolved. I appreciate your understanding on this matter. Thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We are currently staying here for multiple days. We've been wine tasting along Seneca Lake. We left our room this morning around 10:30 AM, and returned to our room at 3:35 PM to find that housekeeping had still not gotten to our room! The guy at the front desk told us that their policy is to clean the checked out rooms before doing the occupied rooms to ensure that the empty rooms would be ready for the 4:00 check-ins and that our room should be ready by 4:30 because housekeeping ends their day at 4:30. We left to wander aroung the nearby shopping center, and returned to our room at 4:43. Housekeeping was just working on our room. My wife wanted to catch a nap and a shower before dinner. That can't happen now. It's anice hotel if all you want to use it for is sleeping at night, but if you plan to come back to clean up before dinner, forget it. Stay someplace else!

By the way, today is Sunday; probably the day of the week with the most check-outs and fewest check-ins based on their daily rates. I looked at the parking lot and there are only 9 cars on the lot, including mine and, most likely, the staff that are currently working.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to our region. I would like to apologize for the delay in the cleaning of your room. This is not typical of the level of service normally provided to our guests. I have addressed your concerns with my team in order to ensure that all our future guests enjoy a superior stay. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Your feedback will aid in our mission of continuous improvement.

607-739-9600

Reviewed 8 August 2018

We spent 2 nights here on a recent visit to the Elmira/Corning area. Located in a shopping plaza, there are several adjacent restaurants and close proximity to the highway. Desk attendant was very pleasant and welcoming. Room was well appointed but the refrigerator was not working. We reported it to front desk but it was not checked until the next day - turned out it was not plugged in! Breakfast was adequate with a nice seating area. We would return here on future visits to the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you very much for providing your feedback on your recent visit! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and found our convenient location to your liking. I was pleased to read that you felt welcomed by my desk attendant and felt the room was well appointed. I do apologize for the refrigerator being unplugged. Thank you again for your comments and be sure to stop and see us again!

Reviewed 22 July 2018

This is a nice place. They serve a continental breakfast which has a little to be desired, the eggs are just not good. They do have a gas grill outside which we used, and is a nice touch. There is also a gas fire pit by the grill if it gets a little cold. Talk to the front desk and they will get you set up. You do need your own grill utensils. Walmart is right there so if you are needing things it is easy to get from Steaks, chips and dip, to grill utensils.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Charles M
Thomas M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us on your recent visit to the area! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially the grill and fire pit. These two items have proven very popular over the years so I am glad that the trend continues. Please be sure to stop again!

607.739.9200

Reviewed 4 June 2018

My wife and I stayed here for one night after a long day of driving. The front desk staff was very accommodating and gave us some extra blankets as my wife tends to need that. We called ahead of time to let them know we would be arriving very late, and ended up having a very entertaining phone call with the front desk agent. I don't recall her name but she was awesome. Breakfast was great. Bed was comfortable. The area felt very safe.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Thomas M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Elmira Corning, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent drive through our area. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and especially our entertaining staff. We are lucky to have such a professional team that also enjoys having a fun with our guests. Things are never boring with this team! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!