All reviews brewed coffee hot tub on the roof walking distance few blocks comfortable beds nice hotel valet pool wifi resolved downtown queretaro
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Like most places in Mexico, you can't tell what is behind the wall and doors. Six of the rooms are overlooking the pool, which is a wonderful (but small) place to cool off, and there is a shallow part for children. There are some rooms inside, opposite the reception and I can't imagine that they have windows. If you wanted to use the hot-tub on the roof, you needed to tell someone and wait while it heated up.

We were within a short walk of many restaurants and a main road of shops. The sidewalks were (relatively) well maintained so that you didn't have to keep looking at your feet and very clean. All in all it was a great area to just walk around. But a warning about the metal benches along the sidewalks as they have an ornament that protrudes and can hurt it you hit it.

Our room looked had an arched window that opened wide, and overlooked the pool and courtyard wall. However, it opened onto the walkway, so couldn't have it open when we weren't there or overnight. As a result the room was stuffy. There was an air-conditioning unit, but we couldn't figure how to use it. The hotel had put an oscillating fan in the room which was helpful. The second night was better as we left the bathroom window open - it was up high and so it was safe to leave open, but you had to stand on something to reach it.

Then there was the breakfast, which is included in the price. You can sit either inside or outside by the pool. You start with fresh squeezed orange juice and there is a selection of Mexican and ex-pat items and which were cooked to order. And the coffee! I don't usually like brewed coffee, but I had two cups each morning.

The staff all spoke excellent English, but were more than willing to help you with your Mexican. Everyone was friendly and very helpful.

Stayed: May 2018
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The hotel is conveniently located in the old town of Queretaro. All major sights are within walking-distance...so are shops and restaurants.

The building is a historic townhouse. My room was of ok size. It did not have natural light. But with a ceiling ca. 18ft high, it did not feel cramped. The shower had good water-pressure, wifi was fast. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a wonderful time at San Xavier.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the coutyard!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Karsten W
Reviewed 7 November 2017

The rooms are extremely small with no natural daylight, but the breakfast is fresh and made to order by friendly staff. We paid cash for our six nights booked, but when we had to leave a day early due to illness, the manager refused to refund our money. We were told that had we only left a deposit then our chances would have been better! Very bad business practice.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel for the second time and we continue to love it. Very convenient location (downtown), attentive customer service, clean rooms and very delicious breakfast at mornings!! Definitely would book again when in Querétaro!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

We spent three days at this hotel and I only have positive comments about it. Our room was clean, well maintained, with comfortable beds and pillows. The service was superb. Two minutes to get an extra towel or iron...wow. The breakfast is fresh and delicious with good options to choose from. I loved the enchiladas queretanas and the fresh orange juice. Location is perfect too, just a few blocks away from the cathedral, and several restaurants. I used the valet to park my car safely at night (make sure you give your keys to the valet before 9:30pm or they won't be able to park your vehicle in the garage, it would have to be parked on the street instead). The hotel is also very quiet at night. Overall, I believe this place offers great value at a terrific location.
I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family