All reviews art deco hotel business trip three nights mozambique balcony ocean pillows excursions boat
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Terrible hotel experience. We stayed there for 3 nights over New Years. There was an enormous party at the hotel for New Year’s Eve which seemed to mean all else was secondary for normal guests staying there

Staff woefully undertrained and overworked - could tell many stories but for example at one point it took one hour (yes 60 minutes) to get a glass of wine with my wife’s lunch. It is so poorly managed it’s untrue, which is a shame as it is a beautiful location

My blood pressure rose significantly whilst staying there, far from the relaxing beach break we had hoped for. The manager himself only seemed interesting in blaming his staff, at one point embarrassing one of them in front of us and forcing him to apologise which was disgusting behaviour, and begging us not to leave a bad review.

Please do not ruin your holiday by staying here!

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Dtwilliams23
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

We went to the Hotel to have the first breakfast of 2018, and the experience was the worst thing you can imagine. Tables without food, waitress without training, people complaining about the food, slow service and no one in charge to put order in the restaurant.
Definitily, will never Book a room in this Hotel, too bad to be true.
Avg rate per night: 250USD
Insane...

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank hugof344
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Amazing location, friendly service, magnificent beach / ocean, wonderful local-life feel. I’d rate this hotel more than 2 definitely; however it feels like the room I’m in is in a movie theatre / nightclub. I seem to have one of those inter-joining rooms, separated by but a door to another room. It’s now after 11:30pm & the tv in the room next to mine has been super-blasted since 6pm.... Terrible, to say the least. And I suppose this will be the case for the remainder of my days / nights here; definitely not on. Otherwise, I would come back to this hotel time & again if I could. Yet, definitely not if what’s supposed to be a quiet relaxing break is in fact being thrown into the middle of somebody else’s indefinite noisy lifestyle.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We chose this hotel because of its location - you can get everywhere you want to go by foot and it's right on the beach. The rooms and communal areas of the hotel are decorated tastefully and we slept really well, as there was no noise and the bed was very comfortable. Overall the staff were friendly, but while we were there the wifi didn't work for 2 days (we stayed 3 nights) and it was inconclusive what the problem was. I think we should have been offered a discount because of this inconvenience, and my partner was relying on wifi to rectify work issues. The breakfast was an odd experience and the selection was poor for a buffet. There was some fruit, cereal (2 choices), eggs and bread. With such a small selection it would make sense to not have a buffet.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I've been several times in this hotel as a guest, during all 2016. Definitely the best option in the center of Mozambique to stay during a business visa.
Nothing to compare to other Mozambican standards and services...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
VilanculosScott, Manager at Hotel Dona Ana, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Lelios
Thank you for your honest review of our Hotel.
We are happy that you enjoy your many stays at the hotel.
Its always the preference for the business traveler.
Safe Travels