See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2018

The place was warm with clean bed linens(sheets).Had a Ref, microwave and cable.
But if you want luxury, you will probably pay twice as much and wont be as close to Catamount!
Manager Karen is very nice and accommodating,the type of person who should be running a motel! There are complimentary snacks, coffee, and even toiletries.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
HolidayHouseManager, Manager at Holiday House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

I am glad that you were happy here. Sorry you had to leave sooner than expected departure. Hope you made it home safely !
Thank you so much for your kind words, . We try our best to make our guests feel comfortable & warm, at home. Majority of our guests love it here.

Hopefully you will return before Catamounts Skiing season ends, if not, did you know that Catamount also has zip lining in the Spring, Summer & Fall ? We also have hiking near by at Bash Bish Falls in Copake Falls (Taconic State Park). It is absolutely beautiful and very well known.

Thank you again & Looking forward to seeing you again soon
Karen
Mgr.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

The pictures of the motel which are posted are grossly misleading! We stayed in room 10, which was filthy. There were cob webs everywhere, the bathroom floor mat was shedding and gross. The coffee maker shelf and coffee maker were buggy and loaded with dust, there were holes in the walls, the vanity light was installed so that the light switch worked backwards. The window air conditioner unit was caked with dust and because it was very warm out we had to use that disgusting appliance!!!! The door into the hotel room was barely hanging on its hinges and you had to lift up the entire door by the handle to force it to close. The carpet was threadbare on all the edges and all corners and edges were caked with dust. The hanging electric strip was a fire waiting to happen. Please don't stay here!!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayHouseManager, General Manager at Holiday House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Good afternoon Ebven,

I am very sorry you feel this way. We appreciate all Honest feedback and reviews.
However, I see you posted pictures of "our" motel. The one photo of the carpet, yes and that is being addressed as I write this, actually the carpets are being replaced. For the door, I am sorry it is not hanging off the hinges. Unfortunately, during the humid days wood swells and makes doors and windows very hard to open, that is nature. Hanging wires ? I have searched for this sorry could not find. The vanity light switch, is in the correct position.
I have gone through the other photos you have shown that you state were from here, I am sorry to say, they are not from here. Please only share photos you have taken from our Motel, please. Majority of our rooms have been updated, Room 10 being one of the most recent. The pictures I posted are 100 % honest. We here are not dishonest.
We ask all of our guests, to please let us know if there are issues in the rooms while here or upon check out, this way if an issue it will be addressed immediately. I personally go through each and every room as soon as the housekeeper finishes, to be sure everything is clean and taken care of. It is our way of making sure there are no issues, but just in case something was accidently not seen, We take care of it immediately.
You see here, we want our guests to feel very happy and comfortable. So I apologize for your unhappiness.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Staff was lovely, very friendly and welcoming. Not the most luxurious of places but it was clean and cozy. The room had a fridge, microwave, and TV. If you're looking for a place to stay on a budget, would definitely recommend!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayHouseManager, General Manager at Holiday House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you very much ! I am glad you were happy here. We do our best to keep our guests happy and comfortable. If you have any suggestions that you feel we need to improve, we welcome all suggestions. I hope we will see you again in the future.
Please feel free to contact us.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Waste of money!!! Run don't walk away. Disgusting dump. Bug on box spring, non smoking room stunk light an ashtray. Garbage left in drawers. Unbelievable! Could not get out of there fast enough. Furniture appeared to me from someone's garbage. Spider webs everywhere. Pictures are completely un accurate.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayHouseManager, Manager at Holiday House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2017

Hello Lissette,

I am sorry that you were unhappy here. However, if you recall we had moved to you a different room that you actually approved of while I was with you. The "bug" on the bed in the previous room was a gnat. As I had explained to you then, it had rained here for a week straight, and with the humidity they appear all over. Unfortunately, there is nothing anyone can do about this, especially in the country. If anyone could do anything about these pesky little flying insects we would.

You also could not stay here because you had stated your dog was not used to being anywhere but home & was very nervous and jittery. You wanted to stay the night and leave the second day of reservation. That is why I refunded you one day of your stay out of courtesy.

As for the what you called garbage in the draw, I immediately took care of that. I had spoken to the housekeeper about this the next day when she came in. And apologized to you to the fullest for this incident, and assured you that this is not what we allow here. You had stated to me that no matter where you go you have a problem with all Motels and Hotels since staying in one elsewhere, that had major issues. So I am sorry that you are uncomfortable staying in other then the comforts of home.

We thank you for feedback. And will do everything we can to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible as well as what nature allows. Again, we are sorry for your unhappiness here.

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

booked for two nights stood only one. Found a hotel for more money and went there. The single bed was like sleeping on a wooden board. Spider in a/c unit. Would not go back. Yelling and fighting in one of the rooms no security presence.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
HolidayHouseManager, General Manager at Holiday House Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2016

Good Evening Tony

I am sorry but you must have reviewed the wrong Motel. I did not have a reservation here under your name last night. We had no one here arguing, yelling or fighting. All of our reservations for last night were only reserved for 1 night as well. Please tell me if you were here in NY. We only own this one Motel. So I ask you, to Please retract your review from here.
And I am sorry that where ever you stayed you had such an experience.

Karen