All reviewsdouble treecookieshockey tournamentbreakfast buffeta hilton honors memberlobby areahot tubhotel staffvery nice hotelconvenient locationatriumrochesterjerryhighwayconferencemallrit
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Check-in was quick and easy, friendly staff. Thoughtful that water and cookies were offered at check-in. Convenient location to the expressway, universities and any type of shopping imaginable. Only complaint was that there is not an exhaust fan in the bathroom. Had to dry off the mirror after showers. Also, did not see a microwave oven in the room, which would have been nice. Room was spacious and clean though, which is of great importance!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Tim E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear quain,
Thank you for taking time to write us a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I was very pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, staff and our services. We hope your travels will bring you back to Rochester and we remain your hotel choice. Thanks again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We stayed here with a hockey team. They were very accommodating and provided us with a room for a team pizza party and a place to hang out. Pool is right in the middle so you can see it from anywhere which is great for watching your kids. I wish they provided complimentary breakfast but there are lots of restaurants/stores nearby so we managed. They seem to embrace teams. They do make you clear out of the hallways after a certain time but keep the shared community room open so you can just move your party to there. Security on duty so they keep control too. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Tim E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Dear Sharon B,
Thank you for taking time to write us such a wonderful review regarding your recent stay. I was very happy you and your team enjoyed our hotel and staff. We take great efforts to accommodate all our teams and glad you were able to take advantage of this. Hope your team did well in the tournament and perhaps we will see you again next year.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

Stayed her for a hockey tournament. The staff was most accommodating. Rooms were spacious, clean and quiet. Atrium was beautiful and allowed us to feel warmth from the sun, when the outside temps. were not very warm. Pool area, very nice.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We were very pleased to receive such a nice note about our staff being accommodating. Glad you enjoyed your weekend and we hope your team did well in the tournament. Perhaps we will see you again next year!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed stay and time doing a dealing with cabin fever night. Pool was nice, but We experienced some seperation from booking and what we found. Made it a habit to call hotel regarding conditions and best rates instead of booking agency. So I called hotel to make reservation they offered prepay on breakfast, so room plus breakfast $155, I asked doesnt the room come with Complimentary breakfast? I was told that it did and I asked then why would I pay for it? Was told the breakfast for $155 is better. I said no thank you. Prior to checking had breakfast and nobody said anything about cost till we were almost done. I told waiter our package included complimentary breakfast, nothing else said until we got back to our room the front desk called and said they were adding $48.56 to my bill for a buffet breakfast. I went to the front desk and advised ckerk of what is written here and she said I cannot do anything about it, but she would pass it along the the manager and she would call me tomorrow. Katie Blum never called never made any changes. $48.56 for pans of food that were dried out.

Pass On This one folks unless you are just planning on quick overnight in Rochester.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Tim E, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Dear Keith S,
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. I am sorry you had a hard time with your reservation and the breakfast experience. I understand you discussed this with my Guest Services Manager and she did advise me that she attempted to make it right with the adjustment on the breakfast. The feedback provided is very helpful which I will be sharing with my team. I certainly hope you realize what you experienced is not our normal services offered, rather this was an exception and do hope you'll give us another opportunity to provide the hospitality services you expected.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We were blown away! Our hotel stay with you was outstanding. My family really enjoyed our stay. We love that the DoubleTree accommodated the kids (designating knee hockey areas). The kids loved the pool and the atrium is practical and beautiful. Parents were able to hang out and relax. Also, the water pressure in the shower was phenomenal.

The only issue we had (which was minor) was that the calamari I had ordered was extremely salty. However, the manager and waitstaff were so thoughtful and offered to exchange it, etc. I was able to take off the breading and the issue was solved.

The staff was fantastic... From arrival to the end and the employees at the restaurants and cleaning staff were top notch. My kid didn't want to leave!

And the hotel was SO CLOSE to the rink and there were a lot of restaurants and stores! What a great location!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank GSRichards
Bryan C, Director of Food and Beverage at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Dear GSRichards-

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We enjoyed having your team as much as you enjoyed staying with us! The children were very well behaved and followed our hotel rules and regulations.

I am glad to hear that my staff in the restaurant was able to rectify your issue with the Calamari Salad. I will be sure to address this issue with our Executive Chef so this does not happen in the future.

We hope to see you next time you are in Rochester for a tournament.