DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Rochester
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsdouble treecookieshockey tournamentbreakfast buffetnice hotela hilton honors memberlobby areahot tubindoor poolhotel stafffront desk staffconvenient locationatriumrochesterjerryhighwayconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip. The hotel is well located and has a nice lobby and layout. My room was spacious, well appointed. I ate in the restaurant a coulee of times, plus breakfast and the food was again, good of it's type. My one issue....as with so many...is the air con/heating! Unusable for the most part either for getting a consistent temperature, or...my real bug!... the noise! I really don't understand why hotels don't understand that you don't want a unit that hums and drones all night! Besides my ongoing rant on this subject, this hotel was overall a good example of it's tye. All the staff were friendly and I'd have no problem recommending it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 October 2017

Dear Graeme P,
Thank you for your nice recommendation. We do have so many great features from the oversized rooms to a fabulous Culinary team. I'm glad you were able to enjoy all that we offered. I can certainly appreciate your concern with the HVAC unit and will ask my Maintenance team to investigate the noise. Hope you'll be back soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is large and looks very nice from outside, however, rooms are awful. Very outdated with a terrible smell. The bathroom also smelled terrible and periodically brown colored liquid was coming out that also smelled terrible.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Alex D,
I am so sorry you felt the rooms were outdated with a smell. I wish you had provided
some more pertinent information in your review that I could use to identify where these issues were. The hotel just finished an extensive interior renovation and I would have used your feedback to address with my team your concerns. Again, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience and I'll attempt to locate this issue with my team to remedy a problem if it exists.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Nice hotel! The room was large and clean and had a comfortable bed. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. I grabbed a quick lunch at the restaurant which was good. The fitness center was large and they actually had several treadmills so there wasn't any wait. My only negative would be that the walls were a little thin and I could hear the people next door talking and their TV, but I think they were just loud people in general. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear 377stacieb,
Thank you for the very nice review from your recent stay. I am glad you were able to utilize many of the features the hotel has to offer. I'm glad to hear you would return and we hope that is soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Comfortable stay. Good Breakfast and cordial room service. Great location , close to expressway. Been here for conferences, food is great and the ambience is pleasant. Would suggest anyone who has business in Rochester region.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear ramakanthdesani,
Thank you for the wonderful recommendation. I am so happy you enjoyed your experience for your conference you attended. Hope you'll be back, maybe on your return, try some of the great wineries in the Finger Lakes or the many outstanding attractions downtown, all within minutes of this hotel !!

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I needed a place to stay in Rochester, NY for a business trip and found the DoubleTree Hotel. It was conveniently located near the airport and to where I was working. It is a beautiful modern hotel with great rooms, great service, and delicious food in their restaurant. I would definitely highly recommend this hotel and i look forward to returning on my next trip to Rochester.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear waynerE5725SG,
Wow, what a wonderful review! I am glad you were able to stay with us for your recent business trip. I appreciate the great recommendation received and am very happy you found the staff, the service and the hotel to your liking. Please come back to visit and soon!!