Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewswafflesfront deskbreakfast stafffree breakfasthotel breakfaststicky ribsrochester marketplacedefinitely stay here againparking lotcerealjeffersonritcollegemicrowavehighway
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here as part of VB Tournament Stay to Play. I’m unsure how this property gets higher than 2 stars unless because we were with a group they thought we had low standards and stuck us in the worst and oldest rooms they have on the first floor. They were extremely small and in desperate need of updating and cleaning. Our heating simply failed to work at all the first night so because the hotel is so hot temperature wise we were ok but the lack of air movement was stifling, they did fix while we were out Saturday. There were bleach stains on a very old and dirty carpet, rust stains throughout the bathroom and the mattresses were quite possibly the worst I’ve slept on ever in a hotel. They notified us a few days before our arrival that their lobby was non existent and under construction and we could use a meeting room to relax, thankfully there were a few comfortable chairs outside the meeting room where we could socialize but not enough for entire group and most didn’t want to sit at banquet tables after a long day so simply retired to their small rooms alone. The experience took away from the relaxing team and family time. They did agree to start breakfast 30 minutes earlier at 600 for us as our group needed to depart in the mornings before 630am and generally that is when they open. Disappointing facilities from the rooms to the common areas and I would avoid returning or recommending.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank FamilyTraveler500
Visions_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. We sincerely apologize for the unsatisfactory stay. We are currently under renovations and know it can be an inconvenience. We tried our best to accommodate common areas for all our Guests to use and offered a complementary meeting space to your group and the least we could have done. Your feedback is valuable to us and will be doing our best to update as we go along with our plan of renovations. When we assign rooms, we try to keep the groups together and know you were not happy with your room. We hope you will still stay with us again in the future and experience the changes that we are making to update our facility. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 24 December 2017

I was here on business and for the evening stay, sleep and food in the area, it was a very good location. There are a multitude of places to eat, shop and visit if you have the time for such activity. The hotel breakfast, although the same each day, we good and the service was good as well. I spent a week and for me it was just right.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Visions_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Thank you very much for this nice review. It is great to know that you were able to enjoy our convenient, perfect location. We are happy for the valuable feedback on service and our hotel and appreciate you as our Guest. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel and look forward to your next arrival. Happy New Year!!!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Decent place, nice decor. Nice sized room, bed was Very comfortable. However do not go here on a Holiday! We were visiting Family, had an Early Thanksgiving lunch with relatives and so when we got back to the Hotel though we would have a light dinner in the hotel restaurant, no such luck, as it was closed due to the Holiday?! The pool was also so cold it was not useable, and despite being told there was a hot tub when we booked, there was no hot tub! Disappointing to get "less service and amenities" because it is a Holiday.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Visions_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us during the Holidays and appreciate your valuable feedback. We sincerely apologize for the lack of service on Thanksgiving Day. We value all our Guests and also value and encourage our Team to spend time with their Families on the big Holidays including Christmas and New Years Day. We do still serve Breakfast 365 Days and close night service on some days and understand the inconvenience you experienced. Our Pool was checked for temperature and set at 82-83 and was still at that temperature when brought to our attention. We are not sure where the miscommunication was about a hot tub, but we do have some rooms with Jacuzzi in them and happy to make a reservation if you would like to stay in one of these rooms. Again, we sincerely apologize for your stay and hope you can understand and will stay with us again. Take care and thank you for choosing our hotel.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel is nicely located to several restaurants that you could walk to, has an airport shuttle, has many shopping centers nearby, and has a huge offering of ethnic restaurants within a short distance. Downtown is not that far away. Movie theaters are also close by. The hotel offers a daily breakfast that is included offering anything that you would want from fruit, yogurt, pastries, breads, bagels, English muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage patties, fried potato chunks, oatmeal, cereals, etc. The staff is very friendly and all seem happy to do whatever their job might be. Whirlpool rooms offer 2 spacious rooms, 2 TVs, microwave, frig, sink, table and 4 chairs. It is well worth the few extra bucks. There is a bar open in the evening. There is also a pool and an exercise room. It's a good value for the price paid.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Visions_Manager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Rochester - Marketplace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Thank you very much for this FANTASTIC review! We appreciate the great detail of your experience and our entire Team very happy to read this. It is great to know that our location was perfect and convenient to everything. We appreciate the compliments of Service and our Breakfast offering. Please come stay with us again soon! Thank you for choosing our hotel. We appreciate you as our Guest and appreciate your business.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I was there mid week in October (10/24/17) for one night to attend a one day conference the following day at another location. I chose Holiday Inn & Suites due to positive reviews. I was so impressed. The check-in was smooth and super pleasant (unfortunately, I did not get the name of the young lady that initially checked me in) - I later spoke with Melissa, who gave me excellent directions to my conference. During the week, they have 2 free drinks (draft/wine) and snacks in the bar. Naturally I went for that. Preston was awesome. Super nice guy. When he heard me talking later on that I had forgotten the PLUG part of my phone charger, he went out back, and appeared with one for me to borrow - just leave at the front desk. Really? Who does that? Preston. I also ate dinner, and was very happy with my food-cooked perfectly. I had the pleasure of meeting MANY repeat guests. That too, is a testament to this hotel. Jamenia was so sweet in the bar area, and I also saw her the following morning at breakfast. But first, the room. I asked for the lowest floor near an exit. Got exactly what I asked for. Very clean, and, a choice between a firm or soft pillow. I slept very well, and I heard no outside sounds. Breakfast is also included in the room rate, and it is breakfast. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, etc. Jamenia and Joyce were terrific. I had such a great stay, that next year, I need to be in Rochester again for a conference, but for 4 days, and it is being held at the Doubletree. Have to say, I had such a great experience at the Holiday Inn & Suites, I am going to stay here. Thank you for a very wonderful hotel away from home experience!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business