“Nicely prepared main dishes”
Review of Oriental Diner - CLOSED

Oriental Diner
Reviewed 16 August 2015

I have eaten at this restaurant several times. Its convenience to the Saw Mill Multiplex Cinema across the street makes it a "go to" eatery for many movie goers in our area. Beyond that, however, it has a wide selection of both Chinese and Japanese items, selections beyond the ordinary fare, but still including the "tried and true." Only one item I've ordered tends to disappoint, and this has happened each of the three times I ordered it: The Wonton soup is flavorless, like water. Not a really good broth, and with Wonton soup, it's the broth that either makes or breaks this dish. I will not order this again.

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We eat here often and get the same consistent meals of authentic Japanese / Chinese foods. Atmosphere is diner style. Service is snappy. Food is fresh. They post the current movie times because it is across from the 6 plex theater.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Three of us were in the area on business and this restaurant was close by. From the outside it isn't too impressive. However, once inside we were seated for lunch, service was fast and friendly and the food was quite good. The price was also reasonable. Though the venue itself isn't impressive in size or decor, the food made up for the initial impression. If you're in Hawthorne or driving thru on 9a, stop in for a surprise.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

My family of four went there a few days ago for a pre-movie dinner and we were quite impressed. Both the hot and sour and egg drop soups were quite good, my hot pepper beef was fabulous, the chow fun and mai fun were tasty and my wife's sushi was reasonable. All of which was served fairly quickly by an efficient bunch of servers. And the prices weren't bad at all.

In short, it was EXACTLY like going to a good diner - except the dishes were Chinese and Japanese instead of 'American' and Greek. My only advice would be that the dishes on the Chinese side of the menu were a little better - so when in doubt order Chinese.

Reviewed 11 May 2015 via mobile

I came here with a large party. Was pretty pleased with the service and the fast delivery of food to the table. I did find a piece of thin scrap metal about 2 inches long inside my beef lo mein - made me a little concerned about how clean the place is and how much effort the workers put into ensuring safe food service. I wouldn't go out of my way to get food here.