“Great steak and great views”
Review of Cowfish

Cowfish
Ranked #2 of 79 Restaurants in Hampton Bays
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Whether you are chasing the summer sun or wishing for a warm winter meal, Cowfish is here for you every season. This stylish spot with rustic furnishings pairs steaks, seafood, and sushi with canal views from patio tables. Plenty of boat docking, with catering available.
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

One of the better places to dine in the Hamptons. We have enjoyed many a good steak here and have brought our own wine for a reasonable corkage fee. Little Kale salad and the Danish Ribs are good choices. The Maui Wowie rolls were always delicious. Great ambiance and beautiful views of the bay/ocean. Not the stuffy crowd you encounter in Southampton or East Hampton. Very long wait times. Very friendly but uneven (young wait staff in summer) service. Valet attendant could not drive stick shift(!)

1  Thank frograk
There are newer reviews for Cowfish

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I loved this place. We are fans of their other place Rumba, but we figured we would give this place a try. I will say Rumba has better drinks, but Cow Fish has a much nicer view. Food are equally great. I recommend the Lobster Filled Mushrooms, Ribs, and Ahi Tuna.

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Had a wonderful lunch at Cowfish today! The lobster filled mushrooms were fantastic, as was the cornbread. The scallops were delicious, although the sauce was a little saltier than I like. My husband had the ribs, which were great too. Our waitress Lindsey was phenomenal! Her recommendations were spot on and she surprised us with a piece of chocolate cake for dessert for our anniversary! The views were also great. Highly recommend you try this restaurant. You won't be sorry!

1  Thank Nancy P
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Had a great menu on Father's Day. We waited about 20 mins to sit but had a drink outside with beautiful view of Shinnecock Bay and Canal. They food is consistently good and it's a family favorite. Sister restaurant Rumba down the block is good too.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My husband came to the area for business and I joined him for a mini vacation. It is my first visit to the area, so I am expecting the higher prices, but this wasn't too out of line with what I've seen in New York City or in other vacation destinations. It definitely helped that we had per diem for his gig though.

The place was hopping on a Thursday evening, and the parking areas looked full. I was worried that there was going to be too much of a wait which doesn't work for my husband. But we are always open to sitting at the bar and we got a spot within two minutes.

Service was prompt and attentive. There were some interesting cocktails that weren't too out there, and I enjoyed my "homewrecker" drink. My husband was happy with his mojito. We can personally recommend the buffalo shrimp and the lobster stuffed mushrooms for appetizers. For dinner my husband got the blackened fish sandwich and I got the Gibbs burger.

The only minor hiccup with my burger was that I wanted to add sautéed mushrooms on top and instead they arrived as the side order of Cabernet mushrooms. But the bartender only charged me for the add on to the burger and not the full six dollar side order price for the mushrooms, so I was happy. Also his fish sandwich came with a side of coleslaw which was really good: but I would suggest not serving it on the same plate as it made the coleslaw a little warm for my taste.

Needless to say the view of the water and the marina on a lovely June evening was worth the price of admission.