“Solid meal and ambiance”
Review of American Beech

American Beech
Reserve with OpenTable
American Beech is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 74 Restaurants in Greenport
Description: Come for the considered and approachable coastal American fare; linger for the convivial and vivacious atmosphere; stay for an unparalleled East End getaway.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

This place was great! The menu was vibrant, modern and they were very accommodating to us as we had our baby in her carriage.

I would definitely recommend the Spaghetti Squash Latkes, could eat a dozen easily and the homemade apple sauce was a perfect accompaniment...the melon Farro salad was so refreshing! Server was pleasant, attentive and knowledgeable.

Very wide wine selection and cocktails were tasty. I would definitely visit in the future and recommend to anyone visiting the town. Great job!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

We went here for brunch and we will definitely be back again for drinks and dinner. At the start we were immediately greeted by an extremely friendly bartender named Taylor who escorted us inside. Brunch was delicious and I’ll be back again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This bar/Restaurant has an outdoor bar built around a tree. It’s very unique. They have a DJ some nights outside. The outdoor fireplace is lovely. The decor is trendy. Solid cocktails, though not my favorite.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Went back to back days over the Memorial Day weekend. Passed the late afternoon away at the Tree bar outside. The bar has an adjacent area with couches. Bartender, I think her name was Taylor, was amazing, always a smile, quick and quality drinks!!!Great atmosphere!!!! Eventually had dinner inside, great social atmosphere.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

This is one of the Newer restaurants in the town of Greenport Long Island. It occupies a rather large space that has been redone it a modern eatery. There are not many places left in Greenport with the small town feel. So in keeping with the grandeur of the place I expected the food to be better than it was. We went on a Friday evening. Even at 6 pm the place was packed. I would normally take that as a good sign. Alas I have come to realize that dining standards are not as high as they used to be. We ordered 4 appetizers and 4 entrees. Mac and cheese was just ok. Nothing special. It’s Mac and cheese. Brussels sprouts were good. Tuna crudo was good. Burrata was good.
Nothing stood out as excellent. Entrees did not fare better. Cavatelli was said to be devoid of taste. The lobster roll was not fresh at all. Skirt steak and scallops were just ok. For the amount of money we spent the food should have been first rate. It was not. I know that I will most definitely not be back. Not at those prices. Like I said before.... people have truly lowered their standards.

1  Thank 7Lisal