“Pizza Heaven”
Review of 1943 Pizza Bar

1943 Pizza Bar
Ranked #7 of 74 Restaurants in Greenport
Reviewed 20 July 2018

My husband and I were in Greenport yesterday and, having been to 1943 Pizza Bar last year, we wanted to go there again. We got there right when it opened, which is wise, because there were many others with the same intention. The pizza I chose was adorned with super thin-sliced zucchini, swiss chard, olives, and goat cheese. I took a bite and said to my husband, "I think this is the best pizza I have ever tasted." The flavor combination is perfect. The subtle flavors of the zucchini and swiss chard, the saltiness of the olives, and the tangy, creamy goat cheese all work in harmony. My husband had the Classic Margherita, that is also delicious. Needless to say, we both ate a slice too many and still took home leftovers.
The wait staff is very attentive. The manager came to our table to ask if we were happy with our selections. "Yes. Very happy". Pay this place a visit. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 July 2018

This has become the go to Greenport pizza spot and for good reason. There seems to be an early crush before 6 PM when many families with small children descend on the place. By seven or so when the kiddies are rushed to bed, the place calms down a wee bit. But on weekends, it is certainly very busy. The success of this restaurant, besides the great pies, is that staff, many who return season after season, really get it and try to make it a very enjoyable experience. Not easy with people packed at communal tables outside, but the customer comes first. The manager Seth keeps an eye on everything..... and if you get Zoe as your wait staffer, everything will go smoothly no matter how crowded it is.

Here's my tip. If there is a wait, order a bottle of wine and relax like you are at a cocktail party, where one can stand chatting an hour and still be happy and relaxed. They will text you when your seats are available and let you know where you are on the wait list. Do not look over to the outdoor bar at the American Beech and fall for a glass of wine that costs almost as much as a full bottle in a liquor store. 1943's wine list is a good value recognizing this is the East End in mid-summer. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

I have been there several times with my family. The adults love it as much as the kids do. The pizza crust is thin and delicious. The toppings are unique. The meatballs are a MUST HAVE!!!

Reviewed 8 July 2018

After visitng Horton Point Lighthouse, we were hungry and tired. Fortunately, we found parking in the public parking lot in Greenport.My cousin had visited this place and recommended it so we went there.It was not crowded and the outside seating on a long table under shed was nice.We ordered beers and wines and two pizzas. The girl serving us was a local high school student , very friendly and we spoke about what happens in Greenport after the season is over.
The pizzas were NY style thin crust and very tasty. My cousin and his wife normally can't eat more than two slices.However, amongst four of us, we easily finished at least twelve slices.
I would definitely recommend this place either for brunch, lunch or dinner while in Greenport.

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

After waiting 2.5 hours for a table with our two young children, and another 40 minutes at the table after ordering only pizza and meatballs, the manager used the excuse of a holiday weekend for the terrible service and continued wait for food. It takes 4 minutes to make a pizza, so there are no excuses for such bad service. And the manager was not apologetic at all. Surprising they treat locals so rudely. We will never return.