“Great customer service with good food ”

Front Street Station
Ranked #18 of 74 Restaurants in Greenport
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed our nachos appetizer and veggie wraps. The rear outdoor patio was lovely as we enjoyed our drinks and dinner in a calm quiet atmosphere. The owner's son was so helpful and enjoyed assisting each patron.
Quite an enjoyable place to dine.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

First-time Long Island visitors, we stopped in because it wasn't crowded. Service was fast, the waitress friendly & helpful. They have interesting specials - twists on common items. I had the chowder special - a pink blend of Manhattan & New England. Delicious, filling, full of clams & priced right at $8. Clams on the half shell were pricey ($17/doz) & small littlenecks, but tasty. My companions didn't rave about their choices, but didn't complain, either. We enjoyed the ambiance & not having to wait for a table. It has a dining room and separate bar area with TVs.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Harborfront Hotel and got take out delivered right to our door. Had the burgers which were marinated. Tasty! Fries were great too. There lemon cake was very moist and flavorful.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We are surprised reading the comments
From the owner/management on the
Reviews left by the diners. Sadly there is an aggressive tone to these. This is a business and in these times where the internet does indeed help to make choices as to where to eat or shop etc. it is the responsibility of the management to make sure that as much as is humanly possible is up to par with expectations.
We dined here and it was indeed a disappointment. We had been here before and the food had been quite good. This time something was terribly off, especially in my dish but we didn't complain as we are
very respectful and didn't want to influence in any way the other diners eating close to us. Would suggest however that the owner/management take the time to improve the quality of the food instead of writing such long comments on the customers' reviews. This used to be a good place to get a meal a couple of years ago. We paid the bill, left and went to Aldo's for fabulous coffee.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Our experience started when we walked in and had to wait 10 minutes before we were seated. The menus came quickly but the waitress took awhile to take our order. Then another 10 minutes or so our salads came out. Then almost 15 minutes later we got our meal. My wife ordered shrimp scampi and I ordered a ribeye medium rare. The shrimp was overdone and dry, my steak was medium rare on the outside edges and medium well in the middle. To the credit of the management they credited my wife's dinner. I personally would not go back. Maybe we ordered the wrong dishes.

FrontStreet, Owner at Front Street Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Greetings Diner. It is always unfortunate when there is a negative dining experience. There were a few days this week when we were short staffed, which accounts for the wait you experienced for the server to take your order. We understand that is no fault of yours. The time frames that you describe for the food to arrive are average (all of our meals are made to order). That does take a tad more time than a chain restaurant or an establishment that has things pre-cooked and reheats them. There is no excuse for an overcooked Ribeye or shrimp. I am unclear as to whether you brought the Ribeye to the attention of the server so that the situation could be dealt with in house. We are not allowed to give website or email addresses in our responses, but please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to adjust your check if you paid by credit card for the ribeye or compensate you via check or gift card. We here at Front Street Station strive to build customer relationships, whether you come in once or daily. We provide excellent customer service, quality food and an experience that leaves you wanting more. 100 Percent of the time would be optimum, but as per your review that was not the case this time. You say you would not return. I would love the chance to be able to make a second first impression. Please allow me to provide you another meal, gratis, to showcase us and our fine qualities. It is the least we can do. I want to thank you for taking the time to review us and letting us know where we fell short with your meal. We truly hope you take us up on our offer to try us again, on us, or at least let us rectify the bill you had. We are passionate about our business, our service, and our product, unfortunately sometimes there is a quirk in the wheel. I look forward to hearing from you so that we can change your opinion of Front Street and make your next visit a 5 star one!
Sharon : Owner : Front Street Station