“Modern Midway”

Moonstone Modern Asian Cuisine & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Moonstone Modern Asian Cuisine & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 128 Restaurants in Great Neck
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Moonstone offers the finest dining experience in Modern Asian Fusion Cuisine in the most immaculate, elegant and modern setting. We take great pride in creating visually striking and mouthwatering Japanese and Asian gourmet fare. Our dishes are prepared with the freshest and highest quality ingredients along with the subtlest of seasonings under the exacting standards of our Executive Chef and our Executive Sushi Chef. Every dish is beautifully presented with the right balance of taste, texture, fragrance and color...so as to achieve a unique dining experience. Our Bar and Lounge offers a cozy and intimate atmosphere for the enjoyment of our extensive wine, liquor and cocktail selections. All of our unique drinks are created and prepared by our in-house and critically acclaimed Master Mixologist and our Bartenders. Our one and only goal is to provide you with the highest standard of dining excellence for all of our Sushi and Japanese fare; our Asian-Inspired gourmet fare; and our extensive Wine, Liquor and Cocktail selections. Exquisite Cuisine, Unique Drinks, Beautiful Ambiance, Attentive Service…all are yours in Moonstone's relentless pursuit of dining perfection.
Reviewed 2 October 2018

Midway between Manhattan and Melville, Moonstone is always our choice when meeting Long Island friends. It is a pleasure that there is a substantial parking lot. The decor is bright and lovely, more “modern” than most Asian restaurants. The varied menu offers a wide selection f Chinese and Japanese items. In our opinion, the Chises dishes are superior to the Japanese. Overall, a very nice dining experience.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Service was excellent, food was great, is a white tablecloth Chinese menu with a good selection, good quality ingredients, well prepared.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing dinner and cocktails with friends the service was top notch
A bit pricey but the portions are huge.
The atmosphere is clean and modern.
Great for groups too

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 17 September 2018

I give this restaurant a 4 out of 5 for the originality of their food presentation and taste and upscale decor. Don't expect the same tastes of even the most basic of miso soup or Kani salad. This one offers a different punch line to every meal. If that's your palate, then enjoy it. If you were expecting something you taste in the average takeout, you may be disappointed. Especially after you are charged for the meal, which is not cheap. Specialty rolls are yummy. Awesome drinks.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Decent decor. Wines. Clean bathroom. A nice little bar and wine glasses. Average food & presentation for their price range. Noisy (!) Inattentive service. On site parking.

Food: Asian, from sushi to Beijing Duck.

Wine and drink: if the waiting staff can't handle a wine list, it's better to just have house wine. Same goes to cocktails. My neighbor ordered a dirty martini - very basic - who repeaded a few times, "very dirty with olives on the side." I would have helped her (all staff or at least the few I saw are Chinese) but the noise level were so high, I didn't want to shout, beside, she wasn't too friendly. Yet, the 3 olives were inside the glass. The sake was hot and she just put it on the table without pouring the first cup. It's so hot my neighbor had to use a napkin to hold the bottle to pour. I like their wine glass over the martini glass.

Armpit: one of my companions said she gets server's armpit all the time here. I sat on the bench (it's loose ...) and saw it up close. Oh boy.

It's Saturday evening. At 6:30 it's 1/3 full but by 7, is filled to the brim, and hard to get our server's attention. I understand. But when the server saw me raising my hand she ignored me, this's not cool.

Soy sauce: the cute jar didn't indicate what kind of soy sauce - regular or low sodium.
"Is this low sodium soy sauce?" I asked.
"Yes." She the server replied.
"May I have the regular?"
We were group of 9. One of them didn't hear my conversation (too noisey!!!) and asked her for the same while she's at our table.
"That's the regular." She told him.
Emmmmm...

Service stands: two of them were there, next to a table full of diners the entire time I was there. The staff piled dirty tableware in them as well as fresh meals out of kitchen for serving. What are they thinking?!

Date of visit: September 2018