“Excellent Steak”

Mullins
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Gouverneur
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 6 July 2016

We were the only customers in the place to start. The waitress was also the barmaid. The service for the food was probably more of an afterthought. With that said, the meal and salad was superb.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

I am a long time area resident, who has on a number of occasions, had the pleasure of eating at this establishment. Generally, Dan and his kitchen staff seem to put that extra effort into providing food offerings that actually taste very good. The genuine friendliness of Dan, his Wife and the Wait Team are equally appreciated. Sure wish my circumstances would allow me to dine there at least once a week. I can assure everyone, that would be something I'd eagerly look forward to. Try this place, I'll wager you won't be disappointed. Grant Mitchell

Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Clean but diner food - highly disappointed with the food selections. Nothing out of the box
Lunch buffet was a joke- salad chicken tenders & French fries....
Piped in FM country music throws the place right into the 70's to match the menu. All out of the freezer - great service- not my cup of tea. Chefs cooks & foodies are gonna be disappointed .

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I will be upfront that the few times that we have gone to Mullin’s Restaurant to eat have been nights that for some reason we couldn’t get into the Casablanca. And that is our bad….the service and food here is very good!
On a recent Saturday night our group dropped into Mullins for dinner after some drinks and apps at Gentry’s. At around 7:30 there was only one other table in their spacious and comfortable dining room occupied.
Our wonderful waitress had a sense of humor dealing with our random foolishness. We started with a few brews on tap, including the delicious 1812 Ale.
Mullins had a very good smelling BBQ buffet set up, but we all went for some of their delish sandwiches.
I ordered the Clearview, named after the former establishment at this location. It was a hoagie style char broiled burger. Very good.
Also ordered at our table was Groovy Gouvy, as sammy made with delicious pork medallions.
Most of us chose the fresh cut fries as our side….very good, crisp homemade French fries. Maybe the cook could go just a bit lighter with the salt, and let the guests choose how salty they want their fries.
We also had a vegan at our table, and he was accommodated with an ala carte meal of his choosing.
I also have to give a shout out to the bartender that night….she was doing a great job.
There are also full dinner-type selections on the menu at Mullins….but the sandwiches do a great job!

Reviewed 4 November 2014

I've been to all the restaurants in this town, and this was one of the best. Much, much better than Casablanca.

They give you large portions, fair prices, and very friendly staff. The place is also really nice and warmly decorated.