“Sundown dinner”

Cuisines: African
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Really stunning place to have early dinner. Taxi transfer to the Restaurant is a must and is offered by the restaurant included in the price.

Delicious grilled fish, bread-fruit fries and curry’s. Dinner is served for everybody the same and is really good.

Very nice team up there and the views have no price!

You should do it at the very beginning in order to have a chance to repeat. Reservation is mandatory.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We booked through our guesthouse for the same evening and we were picked up at around 5.15pm in a shared taxi. The ride uphill is VERY steep and after you get out of the car there are also steep sections to climb before you reach the restaurant. It is 500 SCR per person (including the return trip) for a set menu of fish, chicken, vegetable curry, rice, salad and a bit of desert. I said in advance that I was vegetarian and they made me a veggie noodle dish and they also asked everyone when we arrived about our dietary requirements. Drinks are extra - the handmade fresh fruit cocktails that they encourage you to buy were 150/175 each but I had a (very large) glass of wine for 80 SCR.

The night we went it was full with around 30 people in total (about 12 couples and then a group of friends) - a couple had walked up and arrived incredibly sweaty as we passed them in the taxi, so ensure you do get the taxi pick up as it's included in the 500 SCR fee anyway.

As has been mentioned, when the main pick up truck had arrived, everyone had clearly ran to claim the tables at the edge of the venue whereas we arrived a little later in a standard taxi so were left with the ones in the middle, but this didn't overly matter as we went outside to take our photos. We found the stairs to be the best spot for sunset photos as you can then frame the shot with palm trees etc

This ended up being our only dinner out whilst in the Seychelles, as we didn't find anywhere tempting on Praslin to encourage us to part with 50-60 Euros rather than self cater whereas we felt we'd get an "experience" here in addition to a meal, which we did so we were happy with what we paid. It is cash only and they do not take credit card. This is important to note as we had just enough cash but we had assumed we would be able to pay on our card. I'm not sure what would happen if you did not have cash as it's not like there's an ATM anywhere close!

We would recommend the evening to our friends and family. The food isn't anything overly special but by the same token there was nothing wrong with it at all. What you are paying for is the overall evening experience with the sunset view. Also I've seen various comments on here about plastic picnic chairs creating a tatty impression - when we went in March 2018 they had very nice wooden furniture, so this must have been upgraded and they were also building an extension.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

The concept is well orgsanized: a collective taxi is picking up tourists at their acoomodation and driving them up to the Bellevue. Then people run out of the taxi to get the best tables at the edge of the covered terrace. The path and stairs are very steep, so no easy walk for elderly or disabled persons. You are brought 1 hour before sunset, to make sure you are waiting before dinner and drink one of the home made expensive cocktails, they looked disappointed when I ordered "just a beer?".
The food is average and every table gets the same menu. The vegetables and salads were good, but the chicken and the fish were overcooked and too dry. The dessert was nothing special. The best memory of this somewhat dull experience was the pictures taken at sunset, not even from the terrace, but on the stairs leading to the restaurant. All in all a very good business for the owners and an average experience for the traveller.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Today we booked sunset dinner at Belle Vue restaurant in La Digue. As I have mentioned in other post before, my wife fractured her leg just before our trip. The Bellevue restaurant is at top of a hill. The taxi dropped us off at the foot of the restaurant from where there was considerable amount of uphill stairs for a handicapped person to cover. But Sammy came like an angel sent by God and carried my wife on his back all the way up to the restaurant! Then he prepared delicious vegetarian meal especially for us and at the end of the dinner again carried my wife all the way to the taxi parking!

It was incredible gesture from Sammy. Also the view from the restaurant is stunning to say the least and food is equally good. We had a delicious salad followed by steamed rice with lentils and vegetable curry. Main course had noodles with sauted vegetables. Then the dinner was wrapped up with yummy caramelized banana with ice-cream!

Overall just the perfect experience beyond every expectation one can have.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We went here for lunch on foot one day. It is very hard and long slog to the top so I wouldn't recommend this. We didn't realise how far it was. Everyone had to leave their bikes near the bottom. The view from the top was amazing. We noticed that there was a path next to the cafe that would take you to the peak. But we were too knackered to do that.
We went back for the sunset dinner. You call them and they arrange to pick you up at your accommodation around 5.15 and take you up and back. There is a set meal, although they do ask about allergies (and I guess they have vegetarian options although I don't know for sure). The cost was1200 rupees for two including two juices. In the Seychelles context this was actually good value, it included smoked fish salad, chicken legs, vegetable curry, Dahl, grilled fish and a delicious caramelised banana and ice cream desert. It was some of the best Creole food we had in the Seychelles. And the view in the evening with the sunset was lovely. It was also fun watching a lizard trying to steal my tissue.
I think it would be nice even with less than perfect weather. I think we were taken back down again around 9pm.

2  Thank amalfipurple