All reviews bear mountain front desk standard hotel breakfast minute drive room was clean rewards member washing machine free breakfast is upon arrival we were greeted comfortable place to stay mini fridge and microwave bagels stayed for one night convenient location breakfast staff nice breakfast two night stay
Reviewed 8 May 2018

We had to stay there during a storm and had no heat or electricity. The room was clean and well kept. We had free WiFi and a free breakfast.
I would recommend this hotel to people. The staff was very kind and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Hello Shekse,

Thanks for choosing us and for leaving a feedback. I am very happy that you found our rooms clean and that you enjoyed breakfast. However, we regret that due to the weather, electricity was out. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I needed a hotel room near to the West Point Military Academy and it was the only place in the neighborhood available. I didn't need much more than that. Breakfast was included. I only believe it was way too expensive considering that similar rooms in Holiday Inn chain (I travel a lot and I usually stay at Holidays Inns) are half the price. I believe they raised they price for busy weekends at West Point. I was not happy about it but overall I was pleased. They had a fridge which I used.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank O6378WFannag
Reviewed 24 October 2017

had trouble checking in. person at front desk although very sweet, couldn't successfully run my credit card- tried several times. In the morning, the front office mgr swiped it fine and said there was a glitch in their system. The whole thing was annoying. Rooms are basic. no frills at all. We discovered the Thayer and should have stayed here instead. Much nicer for similar price. Also, the TV cable kept falling off our TV during our stay so we never had good tv. The faucets leaked too. overall very disappointing and a waste of our money.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hi fragrantlight!

Thank you so much for sharing your comments on your stay at our hotel. We understand the importance of efficient check in and updated in-room amenities, and thank you for alerting us to the situation you experienced.

The issues you've raised has been brought to the attention of the executive staff to be reviewed. On the upside, it's good to know that you were comfortable enough during your stay.

Again, thank you for choosing us for your business trip. It will be our pleasure to accommodate your stay once again should your travels bring you back in the area.

Many thanks,

Gian M

Reviewed 22 October 2017

This is a great place to stay for the price and proximity to West Point. The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds though a bit outdated. Breakfast was adequate with a little something for everyone. The stars are really for the staff that were extremely helpful and friendly throughout our reunion weekend. They put up with our rowdy crowd occupying their lobby and café area 24/7 over the 4-day reunion weekend. Great for groups! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We live locally but have rented our 4600 sq. ft. home for events, AirBnB's, etc. so when we need to vacate for a few days, it's nice to stay close to home with our 2 large Akits's. We love the place. . nice rooms, especially the suites as they have extra floor space for the pups. Only real issue I have is during "peak season" (summer kids baseball season) the price goes way up relative to the other times. Plus the dog fee just doubled over last year. If you're lucky enough to stay here when it's not filled up it's quite enjoyable. Have stayed here at least 15-20 room nights over the past few years and no breaks on cost for being "local". That's really my only complaint. . .otherwise, it's a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay for a few nights. And, most importantly, THEY TAKE DOGS :-)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites West Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Hi Ken K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. While we appreciate your generous individual ratings and kind regards toward our property's overall cleanliness and level of service rendered by our hotel staff members, it is regrettable to learn about your dismay towards some of our pricing strategies during specific times or events due to business needs. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced. Rest assured, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide a wonderful stay. I have faith in our hotel that they will continue to do their best to improve our amenities and services.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback. I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better stay in the future.

Alvin M.