“Get ready to being home a "doggy bag"!”
Review of Cabana

Cabana
Ranked #3 of 211 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I met a friend for an early dinner and dinner I got, for two nights. The service was prompt and friendly, food was fresh and there was enough for another evening's enjoyment at home. I would go back and bring more friends.

1  Thank Patty B

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite local restaurants. Everything I've eaten is delicious and I especially enjoy the Ropa Vieja and the Cuban sandwich. They also sell their own brand of hot sauce that is a staple at home.

Their cocktail menu is also worth mentioning. Creative and delicious.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

We visited Cabana for lunch while in Forest Hills. In looking for a good place to eat, we saw that TripAdvisor gave this a #2 out of all the restaurants in the area so we gave it a shot. It was DELICIOUS! Just know when you order, you got plenty of food. For example, we ordered the arroz con pollo and there was enough in that pot for 3 people. I ordered the churrasco and it was cooked perfectly with so many delicious seasonings. Really really good. It came with rice and black beans as well.

We started with the jerk chicken wings. What flavor! Very messy, but really delicious.

They have seating outside as well.

Really delicious. I'm so glad we found this place.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

My wife an I have been going here a few times a year for more than ten years and we've never been disappointed.

It can get crowded and a little loud and they don't take reservations but the criticisms end there.

The place is clean, service is good and friendly and the food is dependably excellent.

Tostones (steak, chicken and shrimp) and jerk chickenwings are our favorite appetizers and don't miss the fried crispy plantains in he most incredible garlic sauce on the planet. The same great jerk sauce comes with their equals jerk chicken entree. We've also enjoyed seafood and sweet plaintain apps and every salad is delicious.

Paella is very good and my wife lives their steaks, on our latest visit we enjoyed steak/shrimp surf and turf and broiled salmon filet over black rice, both specials and not on the regular menu.

Drinks are excellent, best mojitos in NYC.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant, very good food, always crowded. Food is delicious and prices are acceptable especiqlly during lunch