“Great food, excellent for couples!!”
Review of Cabana

Cabana
Ranked #3 of 229 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

My wife an I have been going here a few times a year for more than ten years and we've never been disappointed.

It can get crowded and a little loud and they don't take reservations but the criticisms end there.

The place is clean, service is good and friendly and the food is dependably excellent.

Tostones (steak, chicken and shrimp) and jerk chickenwings are our favorite appetizers and don't miss the fried crispy plantains in he most incredible garlic sauce on the planet. The same great jerk sauce comes with their equals jerk chicken entree. We've also enjoyed seafood and sweet plaintain apps and every salad is delicious.

Paella is very good and my wife lives their steaks, on our latest visit we enjoyed steak/shrimp surf and turf and broiled salmon filet over black rice, both specials and not on the regular menu.

Drinks are excellent, best mojitos in NYC.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Nice restaurant, very good food, always crowded. Food is delicious and prices are acceptable especiqlly during lunch

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

I decided to take myself to lunch. I chose Cabana because of the proximity to my fave spa. They had a lunch menu which was nicely priced. I decided to skip it and treat myself to the Salmon with Tangerine Sauce along with the Coconut Rice. The presentation was beautiful. The portion of salmon was above what I paid. They served double the size most restaurants serve salmon. The coconut rice was delicious. The service was good. The wait wasn't long. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the chicken soup. Not because it wasn't cooked good, but because I'm not used to the seasons in it.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

My family stopped in Cabanas after my daughter's graduation. Well deserved, great food and drinks....we had the Coconut Mojito and the Mahi Tai...... Wonderful​ food....The Caribbean BBQ jerk chicken,,, awesome.... will be back soon...

Reviewed 8 May 2017

The food here is amazing! The shrimp is outstanding! If you love cuban food this is the ONLY place in NY you should be going to. The bar is VERy small and the restaurant itself is tiny but the food is amazing! We go here at least 3-4 times a year. They do not take reservations but I assure you its worth the wait.