“Good Food Good Service, Needs Better Furniture”
Review of Munch

Munch
Ranked #136 of 230 Restaurants in Forest Hills
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Food is very good, prepared fresh. Service is good too although it's semi-self service. You order the food with the cashier and he brings it to your table. They do a good amounts of take-out also.
However, the furniture don't live up to the standard of Austin Street restaurants, fast or full. Almost every table tops wobbly, not secured properly. The chairs were kid size and cheap looking.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

The only reason it's getting two star is because my family and friends like this place and also because it's Halal however someone who loves meat and has tried various halal burger joints throughout USA and middle east I find it to be just OK !!!

This review I am writing after visiting few times and observing that this is just a hype due to burgers being Halal and nothing more ...

I have tried and chicken and beef , both in different attempts were OK not great and not bad ... They would have received 3 STAR if it wasn't for burgers becoming COLD due to this place having NO HEAT ...

Who wants to eat cold fries and burgers ??? Yes sure I have had cold meat from fridge that's cuz I am to lazy to warm it up at 3am in the morning lol but not when I am paying for it and driving around for 20 min just to look for parking !!!

2  Thank AdnanSamia
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

There's not a lot of good halal burger spots. So when I came across Munch, I fell in love, but when I returned twice more, I just felt like it was an ordinary burger spot. Not to mention I went in the freezing weather for good food! Unfortunately, my burger and fries got so cold because the place itself is freezing. To enjoy your food, the place should be a comfortable environment, least to say a warm spot!

Food is good, love the b.b.q wings, it's conveniently located by other markets. Parking can be very difficult to find, or you get very lucky. There's also a hookah spot like three stores down, I think they own that as well. But overall, I'd recommend it, and definitely go again.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

I was here for lunch and had one of the "Lunch Specials": For $7.35, I had a Chicken Cheese Steak "half sandwich", "shoestring fries" and Diet Pepsi.

The interior is fairly small with five tables for two that are moveable, so you can create tables for larger groups. There is a counter against one wall with stools. There are also some small tables outside, on the veranda. Music that I found a bit irritating - the kind of music you would expect to come from an inner city housing project boombox - was being piped in.

I was a bit disappointed with my lunch. First of all, I had to wait way too long for my food. I didn't time it, but this was one of the longest waits for "fast food" I can remember. The food finally arrived in a small plastic basket. The man behind the counter had claimed that the regular sandwiches were "footlongs" but my "half sandwich" was only about four inches. It tasted okay but not good enough for me to ever order again. The fries were fairly dry and blah. (You can upgrade to "#hashtag" fries, sweet potato fries or onion rings for a dollar.) The soda came in a small cup.

My lunch didn't satisfy or fill me up. The main reason to come is if you have a creed-based desire/need to eat halal food. (This is a halal "fast food" restaurant.)

They have an extensive menu that includes chicken wings, burgers, pizza, salads, shakes and smoothies.